A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monsterous 52 Reason Deck (lil pic heavy)  (Read 5540 times)
Tags for this thread: 52_reasons  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2010 11:03:25 AM »

So I found the idea for the 52 Reason gift on Craftster last year but it was too close to Valentine's Day that I couldn't do it so I decided to do it this year.  I bought a magic deck of cards at the dollar store, half the deck had a number or face card and the other half had the backside of the card, but all of the cards had a blank side.

So I decided to get some cardstock paper in a couple of different colors and glue down with Mod Podge about eight cards (I can't remember the exact number) to the card stock and then cut them out.

I had to stack heavy items on top of the paper because it began to curl.  After they dried, for about a half hour because I am impatient, I cut them out and placed heavy items on them again so they would dry completely flat. (The heavy item I used on the cards is nickles inside of Pog holders, she has a coin collections she was sorting out)

After that I had to hand hole punch each of the cards twice using a die that I cut out of an index card.  This was my least favorite part of the whole project because my hand hurt a lot after I was done punching out some 100+ holes.

Here is what it looks like before I added the reasons and numbers to the deck.

So even before I started this project I did not realize how big it was going to be because I forgot that with each piece of cardstock added to the back of the cards and piece of paper added to the front of the card will make the deck larger and larger.  So here is the finished product with a few of the reasons I put inside:

Front view

Our love of beer

How we compliment each other

You are a boyfriend to all my girlfriends

Made with love
Mikleen

(side note - Mikleen is a nickname we came up with like Bradjalina or Benifer - its our names Mikey and Colleen)

Here is the rest of the Swag that he got:

He randomly got me a Nintendo DS and we always stop at our fav Taco Bell and he usually buys!

This is the whole package: I got him the Dexter shirt from the show Dexter (I got him one for Christmas and wears it all the time so I got another one), there are some heart candies I made from melts and a heart mold, sour patch kids, the 52 reason deck, and the card I made.  He absolutely loved everything in the package I gave him and he wore the shirt on Valentine's Day.

I know Valentine's Day was yesterday but this is my first post and I hope I am doing everything to standard.

Thanks for looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
crazylittlekels
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010 11:18:31 AM »

Wow  Shocked Awesome stuff! I'm sure he loved it! Funny thing though, my boyfriend would have loved all that stuff too XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post things like this in my blog too!
April Sprinkles blog
MrsBlettel
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010 12:41:20 PM »

wow, that is so sweet, what a lot of effort you put into his present. How could he not love it all! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I like to rock n' roll all night and "part" of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1 till 3.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010 12:54:53 PM »

What great, personal gifts you gave him!!  The deck of cards sure was a lot of work! I wonder if they could be drilled using a hand drill instead of being punched?  ouch--but, the pain was worth it...wonderful cards!!

How long did it take to decorate all the cards? wow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010 12:57:38 PM »

the time and love you put into it shows. My favorite part was "because your a boyfriend to all my girlfriends" my boyfriend is like that too. I have alot of single girlfriends and when they come out with us he neve rmakes them feel like a 3rd wheel and is sweet to them like he is to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010 11:14:38 AM »

Thanks for the feed back everyone.  I was nervous posting because the was the first project I have posted on here.

In regards to how long it too me to add the decorations and stuff on the cards, maybe two days, the whole project I think only took me a week to complete. (I work at night so I have all morning to get my crafting done)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
FairyWings
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010 12:56:39 PM »

this is great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Novelist Katie Kitamura Talks About Martial Arts
From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor Book Trailer
Elisa Albert on Her Book: the Book of Dahlia
The List Book Trailer by Tara Ison
Tips on Writing from Philippa Gregory
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...