A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 195044 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soozeq
« Reply #950 on: March 30, 2009 06:52:34 PM »

These are by far the easiest sweaters to do, except maybe for the 'knit 2 squares, knit 2 rectangles and sew them together' sweaters. You can try a top down as you go along and get it to actually fit you better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
silverfisch
« Reply #951 on: April 01, 2009 08:47:00 AM »

I am so proud and happy!  Cheesy

come on and give it a try, pink scissors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Indy81
« Reply #952 on: June 22, 2009 01:04:52 PM »

I hope I'm not too late, I just casted on for this.  I've read through most of this thread and I'm super excited!  All the sweaters look great Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poofy-wings
« Reply #953 on: October 15, 2009 12:53:07 AM »

This sweater looks great and I'd really love to get started. I even bought some new needles for this.

But....

I'm having a problem with the circular needles. I got the Takumi clover bamboo kind but plastic wires keep curling. So whenever I try to start, I end up having a problem with twisted stitches. Is there any way to fix this? Or is there a certain brand of needles that don't curl?

(sorry for the late/early in the morning post. I'm an insomniac ^^;; )
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009 12:54:52 AM by poofy-wings » THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #954 on: October 16, 2009 08:42:35 AM »

Most needles curl a little. Short of buying some from knitpicks, boil up some water and put the cords only in it for a couple minutes. Then hold them straight as they cool. You may have to do that a couple times, but that along with the weight of your knitting should straighten them out pretty well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
MNR
« Reply #955 on: May 16, 2010 10:01:08 PM »

This is a nifty pattern and I would like to do it. It has circular needles and I like that. However, I'm a little confused. Is this done completely in the round? Or does it have a front and a back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #956 on: May 17, 2010 02:47:00 PM »

Yes it has a front and back and it's knit completely in the round. You cast on at the neck, inc 8 sts every other round, then when it's long enough to meet at the underarm, put the sleeve sts on a holder, then work just the back and front in the round and go back to make the sleeves. It's quite easy and you can try it on as you go (put some of the sts on another circ or stitch holder) to make sure it fits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
MNR
« Reply #957 on: May 19, 2010 03:52:08 PM »

AWESOME!  I can never find patterns for clothes knit completely in the round. Yeeeeeeessss. <333

*is gonna start now*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #958 on: May 20, 2010 02:39:32 PM »

I can never find patterns for clothes knit completely in the round. Yeeeeeeessss. <333

You NEED to know Elizabeth Zimmerman's books. She was the queen of circs. My fave is "Knitting Without Tears."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
soozeq
« Reply #959 on: May 21, 2010 08:36:23 AM »

Realize that EZ's books are not 'pattern' books, they're more like how to do it, and give you a lesson in construction. Another one is Knitting from the Top by Barbara Walker. That explains how to do any type of pattern in the round and you're not limited to raglans or yoke sweaters, but can do set in sleeves as well. Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard has several patterns and also an explanation how to convert other patterns. The sweater workshop by Jacquline Fee has a few patterns and shows how to knit in the round using the EZ method.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
William Deresiewicz on Breaking Out of the Educated Flock
Explain Yourself: Richard Brody, Film Critic
The Fiction Issue Trailer
Just Winging It
Real-Life Consequences
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...