A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 197955 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soozeq
« Reply #940 on: March 04, 2009 07:14:02 AM »

Probably not instantly, maybe a few rounds in between. You can try it on by putting another circ through half the sts, or threading some scrap yarn through them. That way you can see where your body starts to flare out, figure how long from where you are now and start the increases there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
KnitsterSister25
Armed with knitting Needles and Dangerous!

That's me all right!

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 17, 2009 07:34:00 AM »

WOOHHOO!!! Here is my sweater!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liz~
Big Sister 2 5 cute kids
purplepony
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2009 10:51:34 AM »

Hey!
Is anyone still knitting the raglans? I just started this week, and i'm really excited. I've gotten past the shoulder part and am knitting the body, so now i just have to speed knit for a while. I'll post a pic when i'm done!

oh, and all the sweaters look amazing! Good job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplepony
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2009 08:19:22 PM »

Ok, so i used some lace weight yarn (knitpicks Shimmer Ivy) and i've gotten this far... i like how you can't tell how i messed up the whole shoulder things... =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverfisch
« Reply #944 on: March 21, 2009 04:05:03 AM »

I was taught to knit and purl 2 days ago and now that I'm home I NEED to try to make a raglan... I'm a crochet person, but crocheting and nice stretchy clothes don't mix well, so it's time to knit!

will be going to get circular needles this afternoon, I hope I can use them!

I have a little question though... I have some acrylic yarn that calls for 4mm knitting needles. since the pattern is written for at least 5mm... would it look too bad if I use this yarn with 5mm needles? I don't want to do it on 4mm because that will be too much stitch guessing for a newbie like me...

babbling Tongue I think I'll go get some 5mm circular needles and look for some yarn that calls for 5mm knitting needles... I'm too excited about making my own sweater!

edit: I have already started! I thought using circular needles would be easiert, but making the collar was horrible >_< don't really know if I'll understand how to make the yoke part... let's see!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009 01:31:40 PM by silverfisch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

silverfisch
« Reply #945 on: March 24, 2009 12:14:10 PM »

I hope there's still somebody else doing this... I'm on the increase round 14, just tried it on and wow! I can't believe I am knitting something I can try on! Grin *dances*

still a loooooooong way to go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blubel
« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2009 12:25:40 PM »

I hope there's still somebody else doing this... I'm on the increase round 14, just tried it on and wow! I can't believe I am knitting something I can try on! Grin *dances*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/siruveru/jersey.jpg

still a loooooooong way to go...

I've never knitted anything in my life, but if I did, I would probably try it on every 5 minutes Smiley
I love the color, btw. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverfisch
« Reply #947 on: March 29, 2009 01:23:42 PM »

I've never knitted anything in my life, but if I did, I would probably try it on every 5 minutes Smiley
I love the color, btw. Smiley

that's what I've been doing  Wink

my raglan is slowly growing... I have sleeve holes!! I'm so excited  Tongue I am trying to make it a bit loose, as I like jumpers. I fear sleeves and dpns, though...

yai!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink scissors
I am the Lizard Queen!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: March 30, 2009 11:06:59 AM »

I want to give this a try... but I'm a little nervous as the only sweaters that I've knitted so far have been for my dogs. But this shouldn't be too difficult even for a newbie like me right? All the other sweaters look great btw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverfisch
« Reply #949 on: March 30, 2009 03:55:19 PM »

I want to give this a try... but I'm a little nervous as the only sweaters that I've knitted so far have been for my dogs. But this shouldn't be too difficult even for a newbie like me right? All the other sweaters look great btw!

you should try it! I had never ever knitted before and I am producing something, so you will do it much better!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Bag Out of Paper
How to Make a Felted Fabric Sandwich
How to Create a Memory Map Board
How to Sew a Purse Organizer
How to Make a Patchwork Blanket Design
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...