A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
316 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 197842 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #860 on: July 07, 2008 08:41:09 PM »

So I finished my $5 in Paris this past Saturday. Would have finished ages ago, but took a break from it to work on something else.

I love the pattern, love the yarn, only problem for me was sizing. I made the L and it wound up too big, I wore it to work today and by noon it was driving me batty. But that's not any fault of the pattern, just the knitter that was too lazy to swatch. Embarrassed

Trying to decide now whether to run elastic thread through the neck and sleeve ribbings, or silk ribbon, or give it to someone larger. Tongue

Pics here: http://flickr.com/photos/8595866@N08/tags/5inparispattern/
More detailed info here: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jewells68/5-in-paris

Have to recommend the pattern, I loooooove it, but my best advice is swatch, swatch, and um, er, swatch! lol

Does your sweater measure the same as the pattern says it should?  I'm just wondering if the sweater is too big because of swatching, or if the sweater runs large. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
jewells68
« Reply #861 on: July 08, 2008 04:47:29 AM »

Muria,

I don't know, but I wear a ladies size 12-14 (depending on brand) or ladies L-XL (again depending on brand) and have a 39" bust (C+ cup), and it's just simply huge. In addition, I tend to knit rather tightly. I'll try to look at the pattern and take some measurements across it this week to give you a better clue as to whether it's the pattern that runs large or a problem with my gauge.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #862 on: July 08, 2008 08:45:57 AM »

Sometimes sweaters need a zero or slightly negative ease to fit correctly. If you made yours to 39" or larger, it may well come out too large. This type of pattern is good in that you can try it on as you go to make sure it fits in all the right places, rather than others that you have to finish and sew up before trying on for fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Kexe
« Reply #863 on: July 08, 2008 12:58:51 PM »

So.. hello!

After reading the first half of this thread, I decided to begin a raglan of my own - with cheap acryllic from my stash, as a lot of you guys have done.
I'm using 5mm needles and two strands of yarn. I think it will be too stiff, but only time can tell  Wink

If it doesn't work out, I can always do it over, right Smiley
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008 03:39:51 PM by Kexe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #864 on: July 08, 2008 03:21:52 PM »

Muria,

I don't know, but I wear a ladies size 12-14 (depending on brand) or ladies L-XL (again depending on brand) and have a 39" bust (C+ cup), and it's just simply huge. In addition, I tend to knit rather tightly. I'll try to look at the pattern and take some measurements across it this week to give you a better clue as to whether it's the pattern that runs large or a problem with my gauge.  Undecided

I would certainly appreciate it if you could.  I have a bunch of wool ease that I could use for this, but it helps to know what size to make.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Kexe
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2008 09:54:56 AM »

Progress Smiley

It actually fits so far, so I'm happy. This is so easy! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bebaker22
« Reply #866 on: July 11, 2008 04:12:50 AM »

Howdy fellow craftsters! I'm a long time lurker and knitter but first time poster and still pretty much a newbie to knitting. I love, love, love this sweater though and decided to make this. So I'm casting on now!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kexe
« Reply #867 on: July 11, 2008 08:03:05 AM »

Howdy fellow craftsters! I'm a long time lurker and knitter but first time poster and still pretty much a newbie to knitting. I love, love, love this sweater though and decided to make this. So I'm casting on now!  Grin

Go for it Smiley
It's quick, fun and delightfully easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #868 on: July 13, 2008 12:31:38 PM »

bebaker22  I totally agree with Kexe, it is so nice to have finished something that you can slip on and wear, but also make to your exact specifications! Can't wait to see yours, you won't be able to post pics until you post over 10 though..... so get chatty too! Cheesy

BTW Kexe yours looks great! (I may be bias, I used those colour too) LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
bebaker22
« Reply #869 on: July 15, 2008 02:17:33 AM »

bebaker22  I totally agree with Kexe, it is so nice to have finished something that you can slip on and wear, but also make to your exact specifications! Can't wait to see yours, you won't be able to post pics until you post over 10 though..... so get chatty too! Cheesy

BTW Kexe yours looks great! (I may be bias, I used those colour too) LOL

Well this is the first piece of clothing I have ever knitted so I have had some problems but I'm not giving up. Good thing is I can knit at work so this shouldn't take to long. Provided I don't have to restart again.  Grin

That's two posts now. Eight to go!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 9/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 8/9
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 7/9
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...