A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 190422 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wakeupdonnie
« Reply #840 on: June 18, 2008 08:44:48 PM »

Ahhh!! I'm nearly done with the body of my girlfriend's sweater Smiley

Will post pictures soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachillsk8
« Reply #841 on: June 19, 2008 05:40:16 AM »

I also started a top down raglan for myself.  It's Rowan Cashcotton DK in "Pool", I LOOOVE the yarn.   It's a boat neck, simple eyelet pattern, I'm going to shape it nicely, 3/4 length sleeves, and probably add a hoodie-style pocket.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/cashcotton_raglan.jpg

I love the idea of doing this sweater with the eyelet pattern.  Maybe this is a silly question, but how would you do the increases?

For the increases, I'm knitting to 2 sts before the marker, kfb, k1, slip marker, k1, kfb.  I was lazy with math and the pattern restarts on each section (with this pattern that works fine).   As more stitches were added, I gradually just did more repeats of the pattern. 

I am now on the body, planning an updated pic today or tomorrow.  Again, I was too lazy to figure out how to mathematically get the pattern to work all the way around once I got to the body, so I've instead made fake "seams" down the sides of the body by purling 2 sts on each round.  For my waist shaping, I'm decreasing (or eventually increasing) the stitches on either side of those purled stitches. 

Edit:  Progress pics...after one week. 

Sorry for odd camera angles in the first pic...I'm a bad self-photographer. 

I was going to make this 3/4 length sleeves, but I kind of like the sleeve length now and might just do an inch or two of ribbing and leave it at that. 

I have to go to a baby shower Saturday, too bad it won't be done in time for that.  I'm a fast knitter, but not that fast!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008 06:27:48 AM by Lothruin - Reason: Please remove img tags from quotes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaintedButterfly
« Reply #842 on: June 19, 2008 06:18:35 PM »

Wow rachillsk8 that looks so nice, great color on you as well.

The eyelet pattern I have been practicing on is done in a multiple of 8, which my number of stitches happens to be(pure luck that happened lol).  As I do increases I assume I would just fudge a bit here and there to make the pattern work..?  Also, out of curiousity, which eyelet pattern did you use?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to mess up too badly lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachillsk8
« Reply #843 on: June 19, 2008 06:26:30 PM »

Wow rachillsk8 that looks so nice, great color on you as well.

The eyelet pattern I have been practicing on is done in a multiple of 8, which my number of stitches happens to be(pure luck that happened lol).  As I do increases I assume I would just fudge a bit here and there to make the pattern work..?  Also, out of curiousity, which eyelet pattern did you use?

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to mess up too badly lol.

Thanks!

I started off with an eyelet pattern that was supposed to have diamonds (One eyelet, 2 below it, then one below those 2).  See how right now they are a triangle?  There was supposed to be another eyelet underneath.  But as I went along, I decided that I didn't feel like doing that, and just re-started the pattern so they were staggered.   The pattern is 8 sts and 6 rows.  I think when I started the pattern row I had a multiple of 8 on the sleeves, and maybe a multiple of 8 plus 2 extra sts on the front/back....by coincidence, not because I did math. 

Sorry if I'm vague, I'm not really one to follow much of a pattern and I take really lousy notes half the time, especially on something like this that is fairly simple and my mind just goes on total cruise control. 

Just make sure as you go in your pattern, that for every increase (in this case a yarnover), you are doing the decrease that goes with it, and vice versa.  You don't want to end up increasing or decreasing stitches where you don't intend to.  As long as you keep that in mind, plugging in virtually any lace pattern to a design is easy.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008 06:30:55 PM by rachillsk8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehmalee
« Reply #844 on: June 19, 2008 06:41:36 PM »

Yay! I'm done with the body for now. I think my intense hatred of ribbing might have made me cop out a little shorter than I had intended. I'll have pictures up when I get around to starting my sleeves Cheesy

My family is wicked impressed.(they never thought I'd go anywhere with it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #845 on: June 21, 2008 10:35:40 AM »

The body is finished!!

Sorry for the phone pics, lately I can't be assed to grab my actual camera. Heh  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitch and stones
« Reply #846 on: June 21, 2008 04:26:09 PM »

Oooo, love it. I would totally be a happy girlfriend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
jewells68
« Reply #847 on: June 22, 2008 03:52:30 PM »

great! nice color choice on the stripes too... mine seems to fit me really big compared to everyone else's...wish I'd used smaller needles or cast on for the M after all.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #848 on: June 24, 2008 04:36:22 PM »

rachillsk8> that looks fantastic!! Now I want one!! What yarn are you using.... I may have missed that sorry.  Embarrassed  It really looks awesome!

wakeupdonnie> love the stripes! it looks awesome, I am sure she will love it. Is it a suprise?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.b logspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
rachillsk8
« Reply #849 on: June 26, 2008 11:05:49 AM »

rachillsk8> that looks fantastic!! Now I want one!! What yarn are you using.... I may have missed that sorry.  Embarrassed  It really looks awesome!

wakeupdonnie> love the stripes! it looks awesome, I am sure she will love it. Is it a suprise?

It's Rowan Cashcotton DK (took just over 5 balls to knit the whole thing).  I wore it for the first time on Tuesday, it was a big hit at the office Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Flowerpot Desserts
Treat Your Sweet Tooth to This Chocolate Mousse Crumble
The Most Over-the-Top Brownie Recipe
How to Make Caramel and Pecan Crepes
How to Make Italian Hazelnut Semifreddo
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...