A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 190794 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alexremy2006

Hey Bob! Wanna watch me bind off 11,000 stitches?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: August 14, 2007 07:03:31 PM »

The yarn I used was Lily Sugar 'N Cream in I think it was poutpourri.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

say hi to Peedmont and visit my blog!

http://stickknits.wordpress.com/
queen_gueneviere
« Reply #551 on: August 15, 2007 09:27:52 AM »

I have the exact same yarn (loads of it), and love it! Every time I do a trip to Walmart, I grab another large ball of it. I just can't help myself. lol. I don't know what I'll end up doing with it all, in the end.  Huh
It's Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. The colour is called: Potpourri Ombre
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitch and stones
« Reply #552 on: August 16, 2007 06:43:39 PM »

ARGH!

My sweater hates me. More than half the stitches popped out anywhere from one to four rows down. Well, it took me forever to go through with one of my crochet hooks to put them all back and the sttches look even still. However... whenever i get to the last 2-3 sitches, the yarn is so tight I can't et it through, and when I try, it just creates a bigger hole.

Anyone have any suggestions (besides ripping out more rows, which would be my last option if it could be)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
mgumgu
« Reply #553 on: August 17, 2007 06:49:15 AM »

i had the same problem with a sort of lacy thing i'm doing. i rescued the stitches [i had forgotten to knit yo's] but it was tight. if you can be patient enough, try pulling the yarn from at least 10-12 sts to the right and to the left of the error, do it bit by bit slowly, tightening every stitch so you can get a couple mm yarn for the error/too tight one. it takes time but when done you can't find the error.

or, if you can just knit it[it's hard i know but ..] then you can just put the sweater in cold water and wiggle it around a bit, the acrylic loosens and stitches become more unified and homogenous.

Good luck with whatever your choice is Smiley

oh btw, me's a petite person with relatively full bosom too Wink, i'm still trying to determine the gauge and total stitch number Tongue hard math .. what was your gauge and total sts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitch and stones
« Reply #554 on: August 17, 2007 04:08:49 PM »

I would have to find my sheet with my calculations on it sometime tonight (I'm in the process of moving, but it shouldn't be too hard to find).

I, sadly, do not have a large bust, but my shoulders are that of a line backer. If it helps, my guage on size 8 circulars was 4st per inch. So I believe that I had to have 120 st for directly underneath the armpits and I had to decrease from 30 inches to 26 for my waist. Hope that helps!

That, and thank you for your advice.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
kelseymelissa
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2007 10:47:18 AM »

I cast on for mine last... Thursday. Smiley I'd been looking forward to knitting this for a long, long time. And I finally got the courage to start (and got to the store to buy yarn and needles).

This is my first attempt at a sweater, and it's been really easy and straight-forward so far.

I'm using Red Heart Super Saver. Because I am quite broke. And I thought that, for my first sweater, a cheap acrylic is a better choice. (That way, I won't feel as bad if I mess up or something, and I can also throw it in the washing machine.)

I was going to use Bernat acrylic, which apparently is softer? But I much preferred the Red Heart colours. I'm using 'Frosty Green' and 'Aran' on a 29" 5mm circular needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2007 10:52:41 AM »

Looks really good! You've inspired me - I've read this KAL, admired everyones work, printed the pattern. I guess it's time to go through the stash and get going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #557 on: August 21, 2007 06:37:13 AM »

Looks great kelseymelissa.  As long as you like the yarn you choose that's all that matters!  I think those colors are fab.  Keep us updated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
Seika
« Reply #558 on: August 21, 2007 04:22:24 PM »

I ended up starting another one of these last night.  I was going to start the Vneck, but all the extra purling got to me (didn't help that I was watching tv  Cheesy )  SThe other one I posted earlier in the thread WILL get finished eventually, but I'm out of the country and I left it at home by acident.  I'll try to get pictures up eitehr tonight or tomorrow.  I'm almost at the waist decreases (4 more rows!!!) already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
zknits
« Reply #559 on: August 21, 2007 06:22:02 PM »

hey everyone!

i've been secretely stalking your progress for a while and enjoying all the top down raglans!  i'm working on a top down cardigan and am finding that the sleeves get a little pucker in them around the armpit...anyone else having that problem?  how can i keep that from happening?  do i have to go with the hole and sew it up option?

derkhan - that looks beautiful!  i love it!

z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anti-Aging Clothing Repairs Skin, While It Sucks It In
5 Ways to Wear a Maxi Skirt for Any Occasion
Kendall And Kylie Jenner Prefer Natural Makeup Over Kardashian Glam
7 New Ways to Wear Your Black Pencil Skirt
Our Top Picks From the Prabal Gurung For Target Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...