A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 305,027
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 201419 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stitch and stones
« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2007 09:49:06 PM »

Reminds me of ice cream with sprinkles and such Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
cranberry
« Reply #501 on: August 02, 2007 03:00:55 AM »

Topdown from the back

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1337/983477986_8017b247b2.jpg
I did the sleeves first, just to see how they'd look. I had to rip back to three inches below my armpit in order to start the waist shaping. I'm I bit bummed by the fact that the decreases and increases are going to screw up the symmetry of my 1x1 ribbing.

My reasons for plodding on (instead of zipping through knits that I normally do) is the fact that the yarn is prone to splitting, so I have to focus on it all the time. I can understand the beauty of this method, re: using that odd skien of yarn for a shrug, and just the elegance of the method, but I don't think I'll be abandoning my piece knitting anytime soon.

Sorry that I can't upload photos directly to the page (although I'm using photobucket). I've done something wrong.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007 04:41:05 AM by cranberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quad Mom
« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2007 01:36:04 AM »

I have been following this thread for awhile.  This is my first top-down raglan and thank you knittyknitter for an awesome pattern!  Here's the bit I've done so far (autumn colors--I'll have a couple of rusty red stripes in there as well):

I'm excited about this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2007 08:40:22 AM »

Looking good Quad Mom!  Don't you just love how you can try it on as you go?  I can't wait to see your progress with the red stripes.  Will you make them smaller or just do an even three stripe pattern?

Oh, and to anyone who is interested in a followup to my quest to find the perfect stitch counter, I found this beauty at Jo-Ann yesterday: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2874&PRODID=prd35772&source=search  It locks and you can string it on a cord and wear it as a pendant.  Hooray!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
thecoffindontwantme
« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2007 08:47:11 AM »

That looks great Quad Mom! I love the colors.

Can you change a sweater pattern to top down, rather than knitting it flat and seaming it together? There's a sweater I really want to make, but I'm nervous about not being able to try it on as I go along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Derkhan
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2007 11:44:32 AM »

I got some lovely 100% alpaca on sale, so I just had to start another one in addition to the green and grey striped one (which is just lacking sleeves).

The ribbing is waffle stitch, and I'm using a simple clover lace on the rest. I love how the waffle stitch looks, so I'm considering extra long ribbing on the bottom of the sweather and the sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quad Mom
« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2007 02:00:55 PM »

I can't wait to see your progress with the red stripes.  Will you make them smaller or just do an even three stripe pattern?
peps, I will do an even three stripe pattern--I like the bolder look it gives.  I love your stitch counter, that is by far one of the best I've seen!   Smiley

Derkhan,  I can't wait to see your sweater when it's finished!  I love the waffle stitch and clover lace stitch you're using: plus your yarn is soooo pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
berol
« Reply #507 on: August 03, 2007 04:27:33 PM »

I'm so close but I need your help!  Embarrassed

I've done the body and the ribbing at the bottom but when I cast (bind) off it's way too tight so I can't actually get it on.  Undecided

I tried the simple bind off (in k2p2 ribbing pattern). I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions please? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*waves*
eatyerhartout
« Reply #508 on: August 03, 2007 04:36:20 PM »

I've done the body and the ribbing at the bottom but when I cast (bind) off it's way too tight so I can't actually get it on.  Undecided

I tried the simple bind off (in k2p2 ribbing pattern). I don't know what else to do.

When binding off in ribbing, I always have to use a needle 2 size bigger than the one I did the knitting in. I bind off tightly anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: August 03, 2007 04:59:48 PM »

I noticed you crochet too. You can do a bind off with a crochet hook roughly the same size & do slip stitches it usually comes out not as tight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write a Haiku
John Kenney Talks About Truth in Advertising
Paul Yoon on the Inspiration for Snow Hunters
Gabrielle Reece on Why Exercise Is the Answer to Everything
Gabrielle Reece on Finding Balance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...