A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 250817 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Seika
« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2007 08:39:35 AM »

I'm going to try this.  My results might not be pretty, but I might aswell try.  At the moment, I just grabbed some old acrylic out of my box of doom, as my mother calls it, and got to work.  I'm hoping it won't turn out to terrible!  I'm using the $5 in Paris instructions.  Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2007 03:15:50 PM »

I'm going to try this.  My results might not be pretty, but I might aswell try.  At the moment, I just grabbed some old acrylic out of my box of doom, as my mother calls it, and got to work.  I'm hoping it won't turn out to terrible!  I'm using the $5 in Paris instructions.  Wish me luck!
Just look at it this way... it's a learning experience  Cheesy I've never made a 'wearable' before so I understand your trepidation *hugs*

For what it's worth, I've been wanting to make the '$5 In Paris' sweater and maybe I'll get to it when my needles are free (I have way too many WIP right now...). It's a good pattern and I love the neckline!

Good luck with your sweater!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitch and stones
« Reply #432 on: July 10, 2007 08:59:38 PM »

Thanks for the advice peps. If I wasn't so eager to get this done, I probably would practice... oh well. I'm confident enough.

I've had to restart the dang thing about four times- twice because I couldn't concentrate on the plane flying here then twice because I'm just dumb... I'm about to do the row to place markers (again...) and so far so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 11, 2007 02:10:53 AM »

Thanks for the advice peps. If I wasn't so eager to get this done, I probably would practice... oh well. I'm confident enough.

I've had to restart the dang thing about four times- twice because I couldn't concentrate on the plane flying here then twice because I'm just dumb... I'm about to do the row to place markers (again...) and so far so good.
Oh gawd... don't feel bad *hugs* I can't count how many times I've had to restart something because I made a stupid goof  Roll Eyes I try to look at those as... "learning experiences" LOL

Just take your time... when I hurry, that's when I end up making the stupidest goofs. Good luck on your sweater  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seika
« Reply #434 on: July 11, 2007 06:53:27 AM »

... I'm about to do the row to place markers (again...) and so far so good.

teehee, I just had to rip mine out because I accidentally dropped a stitch marker, and when I tried to replace it, I realized I had placed it wrong originally  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a pack of mutant canines from extinction?  If we could bottle your luck, we'd have a weapon of mass destruction on our hands." --Edward, Eclipse
berol
« Reply #435 on: July 11, 2007 10:10:22 AM »

I dropped a place marker and put it back in the wrong place. but i decided to ignore it and instead count the stitches out when I reached the sleeves bit and do a bit of creative marker shuffling until it worked Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*waves*
stitch and stones
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2007 08:54:55 AM »

So far so good ladies. Made a few minor mistakes, but I just went with it cause I think it gives it character. I'm close to slipping the armpits, so that's kind of exciting. Sorry no pictures, but being on vacation does have its drawbacks.

Hope everyone elses sweaters are going well... don't give up hope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
Derkhan
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2007 09:50:13 AM »

I'm almost finished with the body, just 10 cm or so to go. I'm knitting mine in wool, which doesn't go very well with the current weather. Sunshine and 25o C.

I really love knitting this and I'm already planning another one and  probably another one after that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cranberry
« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2007 07:09:56 AM »

After much stalling, I finally separated my sleeves (I'm doing a top down cardi, my first).

The yarn is Bergere de France's magic (50/50 wool/acrylic blend) in a nice aubergine colour. I'm doing it on 5,00 mm needles.

If you want to read my notes my blog is http://cranberry-twosticksandanafro.blogspot.com/

ETA: trimmed picture.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007 07:26:32 AM by cranberry - Reason: resize picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged
burntcupcake

Just another crazy red-haired knitter.

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2007 02:19:38 PM »

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/jazzypom/DSC03429.jpg
After much stalling, I finally separated my sleeves (I'm doing a top down cardi, my first).

The yarn is Bergere de France's magic (50/50 wool/acrylic blend) in a nice aubergine colour. I'm doing it on 5,00 mm needles.

If you want to read my notes my blog is http://cranberry-twosticksandanafro.blogspot.com/

ETA: trimmed picture.

That looks really good so far  Smiley  And it looks like it will be super comfy when it's done.  I'm about at the same point you are with my sweater, just need to get a picture up.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007 08:38:35 AM by Lothruin - Reason: Please do not quote pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Plum puffs won't minister to a mind diseased in a world that's crumbled into pieces." -Anne Shirley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...