A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 in Paris KAL (pattern included)--The Beginner's Top-Down Raglan  (Read 190795 times)
Tags for this thread: top_down_raglan , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nymphara
« Reply #920 on: October 10, 2008 08:32:32 AM »

Aurgh. Still no pics, cause I still don't have home internet access, but I'm about to do the ribbing on the bottom. I'm so excited to wear this sweater! I made it a bit longer than others I've seen, and I'm going to make it a very long sleeve, possibly with a thumb hole. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theknitphomaniac
« Reply #921 on: November 28, 2008 01:49:54 AM »

I *love* it. I'm inspired to stash-bust and make one like that now (as though I need more projects in que now... lol Wink )

I just started my first today, watching movies 'n stuff with the family. Prime knitting time. Here's what I have so far.
It's Simply Soft Eco in Pine:

(sorry for the link instead of embedded pic... I've been here for years but I just changed usernames so I can't directly post pics yet Tongue )

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo211/theknitphomaniac/sweaters/IMG_2873_ed_w.jpg

I cast on for the Large size, did the CO (alternating cable cast-on)with US8s, worked the K1P1 rib with US7s for 1". then used US8s for the body. It looks a little funny here but the neck seems to be laying well so far and I'm really glad I used the smaller needles for the ribbing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theknitphomaniac
« Reply #922 on: November 29, 2008 01:22:28 AM »

Yay! I'm almost through my first skein and just a few rounds away from separating the sleeves already! Smiley

I'm loving this top-down raglan thing. I can see it being a canvas for many fun things to come.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: November 29, 2008 11:23:31 AM »

I like the Pine color. How is the Caron Eco to knit with? My local Wal-mart replaced all the Simply Soft with Eco a month or two back, so I've wondered about it. I guess it can't be too bad if you are making such fast progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
theknitphomaniac
« Reply #924 on: November 30, 2008 11:06:55 AM »

It's pretty nice. Definitely easy to work with. Less splitty than regular SS too.

I think all WalMarts did that (someone in one of my Ravelry groups posted an email from Caron stating that).
I went to pick up some SS Brites for the retina burning 80s inspired afghan I'm working on and all they have now is Eco. I was not pleased because that means I have to drive half an hour for yarn before I can finish my afghan but decided to make sure the trip wasn't a total loss (I haaaate going to WM) and picked up a couple skeins of this. I'm happy with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theknitphomaniac
« Reply #925 on: December 01, 2008 09:35:12 AM »

Here's where I am now:

Separated the sleeves after 25 increase reps. The body is about mid-boob-length now but it's really hard to take a picture of it on myself, by myself, so that's the best I could do.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008 09:37:08 AM by theknitphomaniac » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: December 01, 2008 02:24:44 PM »

It's pretty nice. Definitely easy to work with. Less splitty than regular SS too.

Good to know. I have too much yarn stashed right now to buy any for a long while, but I'm glad to have seen a review of the Eco, in case I want it in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #927 on: December 01, 2008 05:17:48 PM »

Putting my two cents in about the Eco:
I personally love it. It's still as soft as regular Simply Soft, but it feels slightly stiff to me? But in a good way. I don't know if anyone else has noticed it haha. But <3 I adore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theknitphomaniac
« Reply #928 on: December 02, 2008 05:03:33 AM »

I think I know what you mean there. I think that might also be one reason why it's less splitty.

Have you washed up anything made from Eco yet? I'm curious how it feels afterward compared to before.

I should have probably washed a swatch before I started my top but hey, I feel accomplished that I swatched at all. Lol. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #929 on: December 30, 2008 12:50:46 PM »

I've just decided that this is the sweater I need, I've never finished anything for myself but I think I might be able to finish this one, I have all the supplies for it (simply soft eco in charcoal) I'm going toprint out the pattern and start it today and see how it goes  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sculpt a Wolf Mask
Trend Report - Matchy-Matchy Sets
How To Take Your LBD From Day To Night
Get Summer Music Festival Makeup
Veronique Branquinho Fall 2014 Paris Fashion Week Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...