A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who's who?  (Read 21936 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raggamuffinchild
Raggamuffin Child

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005 06:04:53 PM »

I'm Monica, a 25 year old newlywed.  I've been married for almost 2 weeks! 

I live in St. Paul, am a grad student and work at the public library.  My sister just started up a craft group in New York City, and I've been hoping to do the same.  My crafty things are clothing, bags, jewelry (bead and wire), fabric art, and a few failed attempts at more obscure things.  I've noticed postings for knitting groups at various coffee shops, but since knitting isn't my thing, I've never looked into it.  But a coffee shop seems like a good location for a bunch of crafty strangers to meet.  If anybody is interested in doing a craft night at a coffee shop in the Twin Cities let me know.  I'm looking for good ideas for the holidays!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mpls_pinetree
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005 11:34:06 AM »

Hi, I'm Caitlin. I'm 27, I work at the U and live in Minneapolis. Right now my craft projects are mostly home decorating related. I just finished sewing a skirt for a tv table, to cover up the cords. Now I'm working on a roman shade type thing. I'd like to learn more about sewing clothing, but it seems most stich and bitch events are for  knitting. Does anyone have any reccomendations for classes, or groups?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j-me
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005 05:04:54 PM »

Hi, I'm Jaime and I'm 30.  I live in NE Minneapolis and am an accoutant for a construction sales company (yes, it is as exciting as it sounds).  I have been married to my wonderful husband for 7 years and have 3 cats. 
My current crafts of choice are bookbinding and card-making.  I also make buttons with my handy-dandy button press.  I have a website http://www.booksbyj-me.com/ that I hope to finish before the no coast craft-o-rama (along with about a hundred other things)  *deep breath*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malkin
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005 02:48:17 PM »

Does anyone have any reccomendations for classes, or groups?

You could always try community ed.  That's where I take most of my classes.  Also, some craft stores offer classes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ceedah
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005 03:38:03 PM »

Hiya!  I'm Lucy, I'm 20 years old, and I go to Carleton College in Northfield.  I'm a knitter and a spinner.  Quite sadly, the only yarn shop in Northfield closed this summer!  (Okay, technically it's still open, but all they do anymore is framing...it was always a sort of odd pairing of businesses...)  There's a quilt shop that sells Lion Brand yarn, but that's the extent of it. 

I'm actually in Glasgow, Scotland right now studying abroad, but I'll be returning to frigid MN just in time for the worst of the winter, in January. Smiley  Nice to meet you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2005 05:33:01 PM »

Hi-
I'm Lori, I'm 38, single, and recently moved to St. Paul for a job (I'm a librarian). I don't know anyone and I'd love to learn more about what's cool in the TC! So far I like it a lot (and I recently went to the Bead Monkey for the first time, it's great!)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Chellechan
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2005 06:00:11 PM »

Nice to meet everyone! I'm just 1/2hr north of Minneapolis in the 'burbs. Currently at the ripe ol' age of 24, married 2 years.  Cheesy

Yeahh! That Bead Monkey is dangerous! I teach classes occasionally at Beadbury in Osseo, luv that place too. Really anywhere that sells beads has the potential to be a black hole for my wallet...  Grin I'm also into jewelry/metalsmithing, stained glass, sewing, knit & crochet, bookbinding, scrapbookery, "altered" art, painting, pretty much anything I can get my hands on. Hoping to get a kiln for Christmas so I can start some metal clay and enameling!

I went to school for graphic design, but am currently working as a machinist and freelance a bit on the side in web design & graphics.

We should all get together sometime, take over a Starbucks, and do some beading or knitting or something... Need something fun to help get through the blah Minnesota January and February.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2005 06:23:28 PM »

We should all get together sometime, take over a Starbucks, and do some beading or knitting or something... Need something fun to help get through the blah Minnesota January and February.

That would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
eowynmn
Supergirl

Hello Nurse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005 07:34:48 AM »

Hi-
I'm Lori, I'm 38, single, and recently moved to St. Paul for a job (I'm a librarian). I don't know anyone and I'd love to learn more about what's cool in the TC! So far I like it a lot (and I recently went to the Bead Monkey for the first time, it's great!)  Smiley

There is this store in uptown Mpls that is MUCH more dangerous than the bead monkey, and I can't remember the name.  IT's on hennepin and lake area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005 08:01:49 AM »

Eowynmn, you're thinking of Bobby Bead, which may just be the biggest bead store I've ever seen.  You and I will go on a field trip there when I show you how to make jewelry  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 4 Best Products for Contouring
How to Choose the Best Makeup Primer for Your Skin
Introducing Sona Gasparian - Elevator Makeover’s New Makeup Expert
Elevator Makeovers Season 3 Trailer
Why Your Dry Nails Are Peeling, and How to Fix Them!
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...