A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who's who?  (Read 23558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Darlinclem
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2008 09:14:38 PM »

I'm Ashley/DC.  I live in St. Paul and work for the city...I am proud to serve all you St. Paulites out there.  I enjoy cooking, gardening, sewing, and many other crafts.  I'm an urban explorer who, due to recent security issues has taken to extra crafting for safety's sake.  I love this site, even though I rarely post.  It's helping me through some hard times.  Thanks to All!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
panul
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2008 07:15:05 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that life is hard for you right now. I'll put you in my prayers.
But you're so right that crafting, and sharing with other crafters, can be a real comfort in difficult times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyangler
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2008 04:29:00 PM »

Hello crafty ones! I'm also Sarah, but I live across the street from Minneapolis in Robbinsdale. I read most of the pages and I think I may be the oldest. At least it's something to shoot for. Grin

As I posted on the meetup page (thanks for putting that in your signature line, batgirl) I can't make it this time, but hope you plan another.

I do many crafty things; cooking, aromatherapy, soap, beading, recycled "art" but most of my creative energy goes into tying flies for fishing. My avatar is an art fly I tied.

I do acupuncture and bodywork for a living. My husband and I were adopted by an adorable black cat a couple of years ago who is currently trying to make it difficult to type. So that's me in a nutshell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pansophia
food.craft.life.

Never have too much blood in the coffee stream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2008 12:23:01 PM »

I haven't logged on here in ages but thought I'd pop back in and say HI! to Sarah, also from Robbinsdale. Smiley  I'm near the Memorial Parkway flagpole, one block from being across the street from Minneapolis.

My big brother is a fly fishing guide out in Montana on the Big Horn river, and my husband is getting more and more into fly fishing.  It's amazing.

What sort of soap do you craft?  I've been desperately wanting to learn how to make soap but I'm terrified to play with lye without learning how first.

As long as I'm here, I'll reintroduce myself - I'm Kate, I'll be 29 next month, and I mostly stitch, sew, cook, and make bath stuffs.  Hubby and I live in Robbinsdale with our golden retriever and our two chickens (mmm...fresh eggs).  My crafting has been on hold as I've had to take up a second job while my real estate gig isn't doing so well and I'm helping my parents out as Dad battles cancer this summer.

Life never stands still does it?  Ah well, crafting=sanity.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The pleasure of finishing a project made with my own two hands and creativity.  It's what keeps me sane in an otherwise crazy world.  That and the Prozac.
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2008 09:19:39 AM »

I am jealous of your city chickens! My brother has some in Indianapolis - so cool!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
carlyrae
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2008 08:34:39 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking here and the meet-up threads for a while, and then realized I didn't actually introduce myself. My name's Carly, I'm originally from the Duluth area, about twenty miles up the shore, but I'm going to the U so am in Mpls now. I'm 19, and studying Biomedical Engineering, which is cooler than it sounds. I mostly knit (in lecture...) but crochet and sew and do other random things, Craftster always seems to lead me to more projects. The crafting is important in not going insane. I worked at my LYS at home (Playing With Yarn in Knife River, if you're ever up that way check it out, and say hi to the dogs!) and have been looking for new places to shop. I like Depth of Field for my yarn, and had an adventure to Crafty Planet (that was difficult, it was my second public transportation experience, and I sat at a bus stop for a very long time)

That's all I'll ramble about, but it's nice to see we have so many MN Craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violyns
where do we go from here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2008 12:21:30 PM »

Hi all.

I actually came to craftster quite a few years ago because of a link to the Firefly/Serenity swaps going on here.  I live near Saint Paul and have been in the Twin Cities for 4 years.  I'm a huge lurker, but have been known to pop out of my shell once or twice.  I'm mostly a costumer (movie recreations and such), but enjoy crafty stuff as much as the next person.  My mom is working on her master needleworker status with EGA and tried to teach me how, but I was never patient enough when I was a kid.  I've now learned to be more patient. 

Anyway, thought I'd say Hi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~mia
cjbear
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2008 01:19:15 PM »

Hi all!  I too have been lurking around on this site occasionally for the last few years.  I'm originally from Washington state but I got transplanted here with my bf for school 2 years ago (not yet accustomed to the winters...which is why I started to crochet!).  I'm a brand new RN, living in Uptown, and still getting to know some of my LYS.  Just found Linden Hills Yarn a few weeks ago - cute neighborhood!  I just love the variety of crafts on this site and I am thrilled to find other crafty people around the TC area!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2008 01:27:52 PM »

Welcome everyone! We try to get together every once in a while, in fact, we've been pretty regular lately! I hope to see some of you at the next meetup!

On another note, I am looking for a crafty housemate. If anyone is thinking of moving to St Paul in the near future, shoot me a PM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
beelisty
bitchin' stitcher

* <3 *

« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2008 06:30:32 PM »

hey, i'm bee... 30 yrs old, live in st. paul w/ my girlfriend and our two cats.  i mostly x-stitch and embroider, but i also have been known to try my hand at crochet.  i've tried to learn to knit about 8x and have never been successful.

i moved here about a year ago from cincinnati, ohio and am still trying to figure out how to make friends... perhaps i'll come to a meet up soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make my portrait patterns using PC Stitch.

let me listen to me & not to them.--gertrude stein

gallery: http://www.beelisty.com
blog: http://beelisty.wodpress.com
group blog: http://queercraft.wordpress.com
shop: http://epeolatry.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Literary Agent
Marjorie Celona Discusses Her Novel Y
Lenore Appelhans Discusses Her Novel Level 2
Mini Biography of William Shakespeare
Iris Murdoch: The Life of the Mind
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...