A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Undomesticated Goddess Swap (send outs 03/19)  (Read 7736 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilgothkatt
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2007 11:58:22 AM »

That's pretty bad craftADDchick but I think I may have you beat by just a little.

ZOMBIE MOUSE

My mom is a crafty packrat and we noticed some chewed edges in her paper stock. It'd been about 20 years since the house was tented so we went ahead and got it tented.
 While it was being tented my mom got a call from my sister in AZ saying she had an emergency and needed mom there. So my mom left.  It was up to my dad and me to face a horde of dead mice and a mountain of paper.
 It took us almost a week to get through all the paper and filing cabients. we found a few mice the first few days and then after that we thought we had them all.
 The next day I move one of the last stacks of papers and behind it were three dead mice, lol. I yell at my dad to grab something for me to pick them up with. As I wait I stare at the dead mice. With his little glazed eyes and tiny angry fists. As if he would get revenge from beyond the grave. And then.....HE MOVES!
Slowly his stiff tiny body starts moving towards me! I scream ZOMBIE MOUSE! and jump back. he stops moving so I creep closer to check it out. then I notice his tummy moving. He was filled with Maggots. It took us so long to get through the papers that the flies helped themselves to some mouse.
It was hands down the grossest thing I've ever seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonke ys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2007 01:32:25 PM »

lilgothkatt- EEEEEWWWWWW! I could NOT have dealt with that! Dead mice are bad enough, but dead maggoty mice...barf city...

I did have a dead, bug filled moving mouse beside my front walk once. I told myself that I'd leave it there as a science experiment to see how long it would take to be nothing but a little skeleton. But alas, my yard guys cleaned it up on me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bbonnn
I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2007 02:28:02 PM »

Eeeeeeewwwww! Poor little disgusting maggotty zombie mouse.

On that topic: this is a bit of an Internet chestnut, but if you haven't seen it yet, it's worth a look. I hope none of our houses are THIS bad:

Crazy Packrat Mum
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007 07:38:29 PM by bbonnn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007 02:52:31 PM »

As I look around me now, I see tons of places for mice to hide and live quite comfortably! I could have a whole colony around me right now! Yikes!

Keep cats for mice, dogs for floors, rabbits for kitchen scraps - that is my mother's mantra.  We have two cats, which are working cats (okay, also my sweetie wittle putty dats rescued from doom).  People on our block are having tons of problems with mice this year but we don't even have so much as a bug since our cats eat everything.  My mom's a bit of an animal hoarder though, which being me to:

Crazy Packrat Mum: Needs intervention!  Seriously, call Dr Phil. 
I'm sending the link to my neak freak MIL because it'll make her eye twitch (li'l bit of revenge)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2007 02:57:17 PM »

Today I woke up, drank coffee, ate oatmeal and hemp hearts as I do everyday, and then my pod people alternate hatched and came to replace me.  Because after breakfast I jumped up and spontaneously moved the fridge to wash the floor under it.  Then I washed walls, cleaned out cupboards, windows, blinds and I've just come back from the store from buying oven cleaner - a first for me.  I don't know if maybe there is a little contamination in my hemp hearts or I need to take a pregnancy test, but I've been cleaning for almost 8 hours!  And no one is coming to visit!

My husband is so happy about it, its actually pissing me off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2007 07:11:00 PM »

Evidence of un-domestication #876:

Our kitchen sink has been clogged to the point of un-usability since Halloween.

Call a plumber? No way.

I'm not taking a day off work to deal with that.

I'd rather do dishes in the bathroom sink for 6 months.

A simple fix:
Bail as much water out of the sink as you can. Fill the drain with baking soda and pour plain white vinegar over baking soda. This will bubble so keep your face back. Pour a kettle of  boiling water down the drain. If this doesn't work, try a plunger (You may want to get a seperate one just for the sink) My brother is a plumber and he says, 'if more people knew these two things, he'd be out of business!' Most times they take the pipes apart to appear busy and justify their 'fees'(Don't tell him I told you  Wink )

BTW, if you have a double sink, put the plug in the other one before starting.

8)d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
bbonnn
I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2007 07:41:19 PM »

d - I'll try that. We've used a plunger and a drill-powered router, and poured nasty chemicals down the drain (I hate doing it, but nothing is working). Not knowing the layout of the pipes, it never occurred me to plug the other hole when using the plunger. Doy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2007 09:57:40 AM »

Hehe, count me in on this one! I'm so lame at housework, I'm always a bit embarrassed to have people round. Last week my friend Joe said to me "Sophie, whenever I come round you're 'just about to clean', and it was oh-so-tidy just yesterday. Funny that!"  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2007 11:03:24 PM »

ah, my cleaning frenzy crapped out today while I was moving furniture in my craft room (or, at least, one of the rooms I do my crafts in because I like to spread out  Cool)  So now my crafting surface is buried two feet in random stuff I didn't know where to put.  And now, instead of cleaning up or even sewing something like I would normally, I've spent an unhealthy amount of time on the craftster tonight seeing all the fabulous things other people have made and I am kicking myself for beginning to clean in the first place.  See what happens?!  Cleaning = bad.

Right.  And now on to my point:

One last day to sign up and then we're all going to get really serious about avoiding housework. 
 Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amanelle
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007 12:13:57 PM »

I have to clean at least once every 2 months. I live in an apartment and bug guy comes the last Tuesday of every other month to put down gel. Since tomorrow is the last Tuesday of the month that means today has to be spent cleaning and not wasting time on the internet crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Camouflage Tie Dye
How to Tie Dye Patterns on a Skirt
How to Create Stripes in Tie Dye
How to Create a Rainbow in Tie Dye
How to Tie Dye a Blue Garment
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...