A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,665
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Undomesticated Goddess Swap (send outs 03/19)  (Read 10371 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007 09:49:24 PM »

I'm really gonna consider this one.  I made my husband get me a housekeeper because I LOATHE housework... except for a few days before that special time of the month  Tongue  I don't know what those hormones do, but I run around this house with my Comet like Mommie Dearest scrubbing everything....and then it's gone...   Grin  Long Live Peggy Bundy!

Love and Marriage Love and Marriage.  Long live reruns of married with children.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007 04:07:43 PM »

Aw, hell's belles.  i totally wanted to sign up for this, but i work 7 days on, 7 days off, and my off weeks for the time frame of this swap are more chaotic than usual.
 Cry
Lemme think about it.  I might be able to pull something out of my... uh. 
"One medium item and two small items or one large item and one small item"

yeah, i can do it.  i can do it.  i have an hour lunchbreak at work!
i'm in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
Avian Flight
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007 09:28:56 PM »

This swap sounds so fun! I can't wait to see the results. I don't fit the description so I'm going to leave it to you gals.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007 01:38:36 AM »

So, ah... I live in a one bedroom apartment. That's one bedroom, one livingroom, an ensuite bathroom and a kitchenette.

It's not clean. It's not even close to being clean.

I like to blame my crafting. But honestly, it's more than that. I think there's something to be said for the fact that I'm conducting an experiment on my kitchen bench at the moment, involving cornflour, water, and the 34+ degree celsius heatwave we're currently having. I think the concotion is fermenting. It developed a lot of little bubbles. I can't bring myself to wash the dishes now, and destroy this example of science in the making.

Then there's the fridge. Containing jars of things that are at least 18mths old. Oh, and I scribbled all over it in a fit of pique at my exboyf (it's actually his fridge. But I've had it for the last 2 years).

The rest of the place is not much better. I have a small mountain of thread and fabric snippets in a corner of my living room, because it's easier to dump them there, than to carefully sweep them all up, and put them in the bin.

Things just get worse at assignment time. I end up with a collection of dirty dishes surrounding the laptop, and a floor covered in paper and pens and books and just general CRAP.

I so need in on this swap. Sending details now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Muria
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007 06:54:55 AM »

I have a small mountain of thread and fabric snippets in a corner of my living room, because it's easier to dump them there, than to carefully sweep them all up, and put them in the bin.

Have you considered just putting a trash bin in that corner?  I used to do shortcuts like that a lot until we got a dog.  And two toddlers. Now I have to keep the trash bin in the closet to keep the dog from knocking it over, or the babies from going through it.

I used to be better at our old house. Sure, there were still toys everywhere, but we had two recycling bins on the bench on the deck. I put all the paper stuff in one, and all the plastic/aluminum stuff in the other, so everything had a place to go.  There's no such useful spot here, so my recycling guilt produces large numbers of not-yet-recycled items (mainly in the garage) waiting to be taken to the recycling center.  Just thinking about it makes me depressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007 10:00:35 AM »

I like to blame my crafting. But honestly, it's more than that. I think there's something to be said for the fact that I'm conducting an experiment on my kitchen bench at the moment, involving cornflour, water, and the 34+ degree celsius heatwave we're currently having. I think the concotion is fermenting. It developed a lot of little bubbles. I can't bring myself to wash the dishes now, and destroy this example of science in the making.
OMG! This sounds like I wrote it! I have actually left some things "molding" just to see what shapes they become (I know it sounds gross, but spherical mold colonies are actually pretty cool looking!). And, since childhood, the floor has been my favorite repository for everything (Of course I know where it is! It's on the floor!)...I really should work on that in case there is ever a fire- the poor firemen would never be able to navigate through the piles (I know exactly where to step...it's like a dance, I say).

Have you considered just putting a trash bin in that corner? 
And, Muria- I have done this and it works great until the bin needs emptying- I can empty them just fine, it's just putting in the new bag and putting the basket back where it was...

I do have plans to convert a bathroom cabinet into a laundry hamper- the laundry ends up in a pile in front of the cabinet, blocking the cabinet so I can't use it for linens, so it isn't really a waste of the cabinet if I convert it...

But, I am proud to say that as I write this, I am doing a load of laundry...and I swear that I will actually put the laundry away when it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007 06:00:51 PM »

I never realized that cleaning out the fridge (every six months [or not]) until I was doing it with my toddler watching.  After we got through the "yuck!  Cover your mouth, don't breathe this in, and, damnit, definitely don't taste!" portion of the clean out, my daughter pointed out how 'ohhh, neat!' some of the shapes were.  It became a sort of learning experience and we wrapped bandannas over our mouths while we looked at the different molds, pointed out interesting colours and shapes, and tried to guess what they once were.  Since then we have become mold connoisseurs, and try to defend our little ecosystems from the ravages of the compost pile (which is officially outside, but it would be hard to know that from the typical pile in the bowl waiting to go out).

Okay, rereading that, I realize that things can get pretty gross around here.  I just know that I'm in sympathic company as I confess this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007 06:41:32 PM »

Have you considered just putting a trash bin in that corner?

I could do that, I suppose, but then I'd have to aim for the bin when snipping threads! Plus, that corner has been reserved for a fourth bookcase. And when that bookcase is in, I'll have no spare wallspace anywhere.

I think, deep down, I don't mind mess. When I do get my place tidy, I get anxious and stressed about keeping it that way... and besides, at the moment I know where EVERYTHING is. Seriously, I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Muria
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007 08:55:59 PM »

Quote from: Kitten Wrangler link=topic=152172.msg1528301#msg1528301
I think, deep down, I don't mind mess. When I do get my place tidy, I get anxious and stressed about keeping it that way... and besides, at the moment I know where EVERYTHING is. Seriously, I do.

Ah, maybe this is DD's reasoning for her room.  Like I said in my questionairre, I require a walkway. I loathe stepping over/around things.  Give me a walkway and presentable clothes to wear and I'm happy, though I'd love it if I didn't have to go through the clean laundry pile daily looking for matching (ok, "close enough") socks for two toddlers.  Smiley   Though I admit, as I've been getting older, I've been spending more time saying, "I JUST had it a minute ago! Where IS it??"  I need more pockets.  Grin

DH should have known what he was in for when my dorm room fridge (about the size of a file cabinet) was growing mold at the end of the semester. At the time I blamed it on 1)didn't know which things were mine and which were my roommate's, and 2) didn't have a disposal handy for the food garbage.  Neither excuse works now, and there's a beautiful plum mold specimen in my refridgerator (although I'm willing to stretch the roommate excuse since DH is the one who put it in there and forgot about it).  Grin
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007 07:44:23 PM by Muria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007 05:32:36 PM »

I never realized that cleaning out the fridge (every six months [or not]) until I was doing it with my toddler watching.  After we got through the "yuck!  Cover your mouth, don't breathe this in, and, damnit, definitely don't taste!" portion of the clean out, my daughter pointed out how 'ohhh, neat!' some of the shapes were.  It became a sort of learning experience and we wrapped bandannas over our mouths while we looked at the different molds, pointed out interesting colours and shapes, and tried to guess what they once were.  Since then we have become mold connoisseurs, and try to defend our little ecosystems from the ravages of the compost pile (which is officially outside, but it would be hard to know that from the typical pile in the bowl waiting to go out).

That sounds like a shared house I used to live in, after 21 months there we finally cleaned the kitchen (waste of time it flooded 2 feet deep a month later) and found a tupperware box full of 'blue and green cotton wool'. No one knew what it was, then someone knocked the box and the mold structure collapsed to reveal a bunch of birthday cake candles in the middle. It was half a cake from a party 19 months before. It looked like a Tribble, I wouldn't have been surprised if it had crawled out and made a dash for it across the kitchen floor.

Thankfully it doesn't get nearly that bad here, possibly because we're closer to disapproving in-laws LOL

I'm no longer a 'housewife', I just gots me a job, am I still ok to swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Camera Exposure Basics
Can I use the software that came with my camera?
What kind of software should I use?
What do I need to make digital prints at home?
How can I share digital pictures with friends and family?
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...