A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,537
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Question and view my website?  (Read 143 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

creativelushboutique
« on: March 03, 2015 10:08:53 AM »

My husband and I are opening a repurposed furniture store in the front of my photography studio and I finally got the website viewable. I don't have all of our furniture in the shop yet but I have some of our decor. Can you let me know what you think?

Also, what have you found to be the best ways to get view on your website, where do you post your crafts, and what have you found to be the best way to get a facebook audience for your business?

Ashley
www.creativelushboutique.com

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015 02:52:09 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015 08:16:54 AM »

Looks like you live in a really small area, not sure what FB or whatever is going to do for you, unless you intend to start shipping furniture around the state or country or something. The classes and things are all going to be local, yes? I'm just not clear on if/why it would be difficult to get local attention in a place that small. What's the online plan all about? Just selling the  little stuff? I live in a small place now that's part of a 6- or 7-community county and there's a newspaper thing that comes out every week covering the buying/selling opps for the whole area. I would never know about most of these businesses if I didn't read that paper because most of them don't have FBs or websites. We also have a buy/sell/trade FB page and a news/ask-anything group that covers 2 counties and they get quite a bit of participation. I just found the perfect bank by posting a question on one of these. The more people can participate in your online ventures, the more they will like you. If it's just LOOK AT THIS AWESOME THING AND BUY IT posts, you're not going to get a lot of comments/participation no matter how many followers you get. Even posting a poll once in a while, or asking a question (If you could have one awesome piece of furniture, what would it be?) is a nice change of pace; maybe automatically bounce your blog posts over to your FB, but then you might be setting up a FB vs. Blog competition. Moral: There is no one best way to get customers or online traffic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set White Balance Function
Canon G10: Set Underwater Function
Canon G10: Set Timer Function
Canon G10: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon G10: Set Shutter Priority (Tv) Function
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...