A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: craftster quilt around the world  (Read 2770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007 10:37:34 PM »

i like the idea of everyone sending 1 square to the same 1 person that will sew it. maybe with every square, you can donate a dollar to the sewer, who will ship the quilt to whoever wants to be in charge of the charity part. i don't think the quilt should be raffled to the participants. it wouldn't be fair. there are plenty of charities to choose from.
Ya, but that brings you back to the original problem of no money is to pass hands in a swap rule... you could totally bring this idea to the crafitng for good and not evil board, and I am sure there would be lost of people willing to donate squares... there's really no way of doing it in a swap unless there is a return item coming back to the sender (or it's not a swap...), so you could still do it swap-ish, by every person submitting two squares (one goes to a partner and one goes to the main 'charity' quilt). Then there would be a swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
kitschkween
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007 08:06:38 AM »

i think i'll move this topic. how do i do that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glittergirl94
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007 08:25:35 AM »

you could still do it swap-ish, by every person submitting two squares (one goes to a partner and one goes to the main 'charity' quilt). Then there would be a swap!

I like this idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007 04:04:36 PM »

i think i'll move this topic. how do i do that?
Scroll alllllll the way down, and there are tabs at the bottom that say 'move topic' and 'link to calendar'... just at the bottom left of the very last post of the first page... Smiley

Maybe we could start a new swap idea, crafting a quilt for good not evil or something... I would love to send 2 squares and receive one back!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
kitschkween
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007 05:22:26 PM »

now that this topic has been moved, would anyone be interested in my original idea?
i like the idea of everyone sending 1 square to the same 1 person that will sew it. maybe with every square, you can donate a dollar to the sewer, who will ship the quilt to whoever wants to be in charge of the charity part. i don't think the quilt should be raffled to the participants. it wouldn't be fair. there are plenty of charities to choose from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maps
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007 05:54:05 PM »

I like two of these ideas:

The quilt for charity idea sounds very nice.  I would be fine with making a square (say 8x8 or bigger) and sending off to one person to piece the top.  OR, sewing two squares, one for swap and send to a partner, and one for charity quilt.  Then it gets a little more difficult: that person would pay for shipping (it is for charity, tho) to send to another person who would quilt it (which is a lot of work)?  Maybe there is a pro quilter on here that would donate their services?

The multiple round quilt block swap sounds good, too.  Just sending a few block per round is do-able, and if you participate in a handful of rounds you would have enough for a quilt (especially layed out with plain block in-between).  I don't frequent the quilting boards... Maybe this idea is already out there, or in practice?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been laid up with bronchitis for two weeks. I am catching up now. Please let me know if I have forgotten something! Sad  -4/5/11
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007 11:00:57 PM »

Ok, so I just started a thread for discussion about a swap similar to the ideas posted around this topic! Hope the quilt here gets a cause! I'd love to send a square to charity too!
there's this one; http://www.quiltsforkids.org/
here's one with more references for getting local info on donating; http://home.att.net/~susanBinKC/hcharity.html

I'll keep my eye on this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
raspberryred615
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007 11:51:47 AM »

Thats a really good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to do A Razor Haircut Technique for Whole Head - Part 2
How to do A Razor Haircut Technique for Whole Head - Part 1
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 3
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 2
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...