A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,535
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mushroom swap Round 2~gallery of FUN-gus!  (Read 9202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happyd
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007 11:35:42 PM »

Smiley i received my package from ginny! (samsara)

she TOTALLY spoiled me, but sadly due to some technical difficulties i have to wait one week before being able to share my goodies!

for my first swap ever, i couldn't have asked for a better partner!

lesson learned: everybody seems to create more than the required craft projects! so for my next swap i must do the same  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2007 08:13:30 AM »

lesson learned: everybody seems to create more than the required craft projects! so for my next swap i must do the same  Shocked

you never know!  its so hard to judge!  but craftster has made me more generous, thats for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bbonnn
I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2007 07:14:36 PM »

We were just having that conversation in another thread (apron swap). Some folks like to be prodigious with swappage, and there's no rule that says you can't send more than the minimum. Unless there IS a rule, which was the case for the apron swap. The organizer was very firm about only sending one apron, nothing more.

Just personally, this might be a way to go in some swaps in the future. It sure made the apron swap more appealing - there was a definite end point and goal, rather than "keep crafting until the last minute and send a bunch of stuff" which is how it usually is with me.

This is off topic, but I think it's a conversation that needs to be had. Swap expectations. Maybe another thread.

As long it meets the minimum, I consider any swap a good swap - I like to see other people's interpretations of themes, and their use of skillsets I don't have (like knitting, for me). I love the process of crafting, so the fact that I get anything in return is almost secondary.

(but I must say, I lucked out spectacularly on this swap - I'm so impressed and I love every little thing that safetyfox made, and I will use the heck out of 'em every day! Thank you so much, safetyfox!) Smiley
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007 07:18:21 PM by bbonnn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007 06:38:24 PM »

I know!  This was my first swap, too.  I feel the same way!  Oh no!  I guess that means that I may just have to spend even more time crafting.....   Roll Eyes

Thanks Atsuko!  For being so understanding that I'm a newbie at this! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007 12:28:06 PM »

Hi Rozekitten!

There was nothing to understand.  All the things you made were lovely and wonderful.  I am a big fan of quality, not quantity.  You are an excellent swapper and I had alot of fun!!

Atsuko
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saralynne
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007 02:41:33 PM »

Hooray! I recieved today.

I got a wonderful tank top, some awesome patches and a necklace and some scrumptious marshmallow mushroom candies. Smiley Thanks Swaantje!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011 03:57:45 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007 03:49:24 PM »

Oh wow I'm loving that tank top! Nice work.

I don't think any of us need to worry too much about the quantity vs. quality issue. I know I'm guilty of sending more articles than required, but that's because I always suffer from swap anxiety. I see so many fantastic things here and I think, 'Oh my god I could never make that!' I'm sure that as time goes on I'll get better at knowing when to stop Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot.com
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007 08:24:28 PM »

That tank top is so freakin' cool.  I love it!  Sounds like you got some other fun things too.

P.S.  Thanks Atsuko, guess us newbies are just a little shy...  (insert blushing emotion icon here)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007 01:34:50 PM »

Smiley i received my package from ginny! (samsara)

she TOTALLY spoiled me, but sadly due to some technical difficulties i have to wait one week before being able to share my goodies!

for my first swap ever, i couldn't have asked for a better partner!

Hyedie, I have some pictures of what I sent to you if you are still having 'technical difficulties'?  Wink I can post what I have....?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

happyd
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007 08:00:51 PM »

finally!!  pics from my package of goodies from samsara (ginny)

thanks for your patience ginny Smiley  i hope you like the way i shot the photos Wink

so many great things!!!  now you can probably see why i felt guilty for not mailing more things Smiley i mean, in the mushroom box (seen in the first photo), she also included pencils w/ mushroom decoupaged on - she said in her letter that graphic designers probably could always use pencils (which is true for drawing types like me). isn't she so thoughtful?

she put so much work and sent me so much mushroomy goodness!!

to see high res versions of these photos, please visit my flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/happyd/425972285/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Would You Be If You Had to Cosplay
Who Is Your Favorite Dracula
Dramatic Reads: Chris Roberson
Dramatic Reads: Ian Brill
Dramatic Reads: Chris Sebella
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...