A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,203
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heelys bag  (Read 955 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkyhooker
« on: February 15, 2007 09:21:40 AM »

My boys (10 and7) are Heelys crazy.
They wear them everywhere  but the problem is that a bunch of places have forbidden them.  So they are constantly popping out their wheels.  I'm totally freaked out that they are going to loose the wheels.  They're like $30 a set!  I already put out $100 on the shoes!  So,, what's a knittin' mama to do?  Make a frickin' cozy of course! LOL

I lined it with the fabric in the background shown in picture 2 for stability and durability.  This is the first time I dared put any knitting under my sewing machine and it worked beautifully!  I may never hand sew in a lining again! The chart is crap, I took some artistic license with the logo.  The bag is loosely based on the magknits pattern http://www.magknits.com/Nov05/amulet.htm  I used some crazy unknown acrylic from my stash.  I think it's Bernat Chunky on size 5 DPNs
They love it, now I have to make another.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 01:06:48 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
bamfknitter
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007 09:48:43 AM »

That is really cool.  I'm jealous of kids that have Heelys.  I so want a pair, even though I think I would look weird 'skating' around campus on those.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cashcrate.com/931389 <-- make money taking surveys on the web.  Get paid MONTHLY to fuel your CRAFT addiction!
In the last 2 weeks of Dec (when I 1st joined) I made over $55USD!
funkyhooker
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007 09:57:21 AM »

Yeah, I've tried out my son's pair and I'm too much of a dork to figure it out.  It's really good excersize tho!  My boys are constantly sweaty everywhere we go.  Boys are so gross tho!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
farrah
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007 04:14:07 PM »

So that's what those things are called...the kids around here wear them everywhere! Making a little bag for the wheels is such a good idea- especially since kids are so much more likely to do what you want them to if you give them something special to do it with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Heart Duct Tape Coin Purse
How to Make a Duct Tape Passport Lanyard
How to Make Duct Tape Earrings
How to Make a Duct Tape Woven Belt
How to Make a Duct Tape Travel Shower Caddy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...