A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop


Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ipod nano cozy!! *with pattern*  (Read 1602 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+
 
leesespieces
lisa a crochet!
Offline Offline

Posts: 278
Joined: 30-May-2006

"lisa's going to decorate it" - dirty dancing =)


View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2007 04:12:17 PM »

so i totally splurged for valentine's day and bought my boyfriend and i our own ipod nanos. and yeah, i will admit, 40% of the reason i wanted my own was so i could knit stuff for it, LOL. the other 60% was so i had something to drown out his video game while i'm on my treadmill. but anyway, i whipped up this cute, practical little thing in less than 3 hours. it's sugar n cream "rosewood", but i call it neapolitan, because that is my favorite "color" lol. i got the little heart button from joann's, but i wish i could've found a little cupcake button to go on it. =(


 i added a pocket on the outside to keep the earphones in, because no part of this tiny thing is safe in the big open spaces of my purse lol.

the pattern is super easy, all i did was cast on 14 stitches on size 7 needles and knit about 60 rows in stockinette and binded off. then i just folded it in half inside out and sewed up the edges.

for the pocket, i cast on 12 stitches on the same needles and knit about 15-17 rows in stockinette and binded off, then just sewed it to the front (i'm not sure what kind of sewing stitch i used, i just did it in a way that it blended in, it might something like kitchener's stitch or something). then i just sewed on the little button (i probably should've done this before sewing on the pocket though).

this didn't even use a fifth of a little ball of sugar n cream, and i love it!! my boyfriend wants one for his now too, only he wants his to be a koala. =)

what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 01:11:46 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007 06:15:51 PM »

I love it.  I recently bought one with our annual work bonus.  I am still recovering from a wrist injury, so I can't really knit right now, but when I can, I will definitely make this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelly_bear
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007 07:05:53 PM »

That's so cute!
I love the idea of the headphone pocket.I usually just wrap mine around my iPod,so a pocket would be so handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snooze
snooze
Offline Offline

Posts: 38
Joined: 18-Feb-2007

it's true being normal is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007 07:31:58 PM »

Can't.....talk...must....knit....this coolio case...i'm making it right now!!!!!!
thanks for the design
snooze
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants
Offline Offline

Posts: 1009
Joined: 16-Nov-2006

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com


View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007 11:37:07 AM »

cute! i am going to have to make one for my boyfriend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
 
Jump to:  



FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sushi Soy Sauce
How to Make Sushi Rice
How to Pick Fish for Sushi
How to Make Spicy Mayo
How to Make Eel Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2014, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.