A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Worth Your While Apron Swap Gallery - CLOSED  (Read 40429 times)
Tags for this thread: apron  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007 02:46:49 PM »

Well, about five glorious minutes ago, I went to check the mail. I found that my letter to my Craftster penpal was returned for not enough postage (bummer) and...that my apron had come! Unfortunately my mailman shoved the whole envelope into my teeny mailbox so I had to actually shred the envelope just so I could get the apron out, but I did get it out, and it's absolutely adorable! I LOVE it, Erin. Smiley

So here is what the incredible Kaiser Scissorhands made for me!

The front...It's got sort of a "rising sun" motif (as she joked about in her note Smiley)

Obligatory butt shot!

The back of it--I suppose if I feel like being plain I can reverse it, but I usually don't Wink It's this really cool tweedy green stuff, I love it.

Hey! Action! My hair looks bizarre, I had it all pinned back so it wouldn't get all sweaty (I'm pulling staples from the upholstery of this chair, WHEEEE.) But usually I don't look this scary Wink

I sort of wish mine hadn't been so simple now...but she asked for "utilitarian" so I didn't want to make it too fancy! But what a great day! It's Friday, I don't have a massive fibers project to work on this weekend, they were selling funnel cakes outside the library and I just beat Final Fantasy XII fifteen minutes ago. And now this! Excellent way to make up for yesterday, which was crap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007 02:54:38 PM »

ACK!!! There's nothing better than a day that you RECEIVE from your swap partner AND get funnel cakes in the same day!!!  hahahahhaha!

I am so ultra stoked...I checked the mail, and MY apron from TessTessi came!!!!  I have ironed it and I'm going to post MORE pics when I get back from a dinner date, but I'll give you a sneek peek pic that my 3 year old daughter took!  It turned out fine, but it's from a shorter view!  Hee-hee!

I'm gonna gush in my next post about this thing!  I'm beside myself with excitement right now!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/RecycleMicol/TessTessisApronforround1.jpg

I'll post some close-ups later too.  All done with a serger...sooooo professionally done, yet still has that hand-made feel!  And that fabric combination!  You could not get more 'me'!!!!

I'll shut up now!  More pics to come!
RM
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007 11:06:10 AM by RecycleMicol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007 02:56:19 PM »

Calliel,

That apron looks like it fits your style so well, too!  My goodness...that's awesome!
RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007 03:20:40 PM »

Yay! Kaiser Scissorhands,that apron is so great!

I am going to try my hand at making every single apron in this gallery, I am SO inspired!

Rm: I can't wait to see your other pics!! I am so beyond happy that you love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
bbonnn
I'm holding in my hand a box of small chocolate bunnies.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007 03:24:03 PM »

Hey, just a comment about this swap: for me, an appealing aspect was that you only had to make one item.

This took a lot of pressure off, and let me concentrate on the one thing. I didn't feel compelled to make a big time commitment, as I knew approximately how long the apron would take. "Extra goodies" are fun, but it seems I'm always adding and adding and adding until I just have to cut myself off, and suddenly I realize I've spent way too much time on the extra goodies. This one was so easy and stress-free. I hope whoever organizes subsequent rounds does it the same way.

And ... stunning aprons, everyone. Amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007 03:29:15 PM »

Really, so far everyone has done stunning work across the board. It's like looking at a menu and not being able to decide what you want to try next.

While I like the no-stress of one-thing-and-one-thing-only, I have to say I'm naturally inclined to throw in a couple of extra things. I don't expect them in return, but it can be a bit painful thinking, "What's it going to hurt if I throw in a pot holder or a couple of dish towels?"

Although, it was helpful having to send overseas. The apron "just" fit in the large flat rate envelope and I'm much more anti paying extra postage than I am pro extras.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2007 03:39:53 PM »

wow. wow. wow... ALL the aprons so far are so nice. I am now tempted to do a full apron.  I am so excited to receive my apron now... I think we should do another round after this one...

nessagurl

No doubt!!!  I'm about to get a spinning wheel.  I'm borrowing an antique wheel from a friend until I get one and I've gotten fibers all over me!  It would be great to have a full 'utilitarian, but pretty' spinning apron!

I'll maybe ask for that next time.  Or just get another pretty apron and make the spinning apron myself.

Weeee!  Lovin' the gallery!
RM

I love 'utilitarian, but pretty' and have some patterns/ideas for a more full coverage apron, they come in a pattern for aprons, but could be considered more of a smock or something like that.

This has been so much fun, it is really interesting to see everyone's different styles and interpretations of the apron.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2007 03:48:39 PM »

I received my apron today from Calliel. It is wonderful.

The Apron:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/143/400191176_d635595855.jpg?v=0

The cute note with the apron:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/400191179_49e709551b.jpg?v=0

Me in the apron (with my sweet curtains):
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/400191185_c7b8580111.jpg?v=0

My view of the apron:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/179/400191182_ce6c73109a.jpg?v=0

I love this apron. It is perfect. And my cat loves it too (hence the wrinkles from immediate lap cat after donning said apron).

Thanks, Calliel!

(note: If the pictures don't show, they can be found http://www.flickr.com/photos/erinjb
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 10:31:22 AM by rackycoo - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
groschveux
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2007 04:21:13 PM »

Kaiser Scissorhands, Tess Tessi and Calliel, the apron that each one of you have made for your partners are beautiful. I absolutely love all of them. All of the apron featured in this gallery would make a great addition to many apron collection.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007 11:04:56 PM by groschveux » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleMicol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2007 04:29:06 PM »

Oh!  I'm supposed to be getting ready to leave for dinner....can't pull myself away!!!!

*gasps for breath!*

That apron of Calliel's is magnificent!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

View My Craft Blog

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Biggest Celebrity Hair Transformations of 2014
Get the Perfect Party Braid
Holiday Hair How-to: A Sleek and Sexy Ponytail
Holiday Hair How-to: A Curly Ponytail
Stylist Reveals Best Holiday Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...