A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting Chick Lit  (Read 1069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby-luv

I'm just a baby when it comes to knitting--wah

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2007 12:57:56 AM »

I don't know about anyone else but i've started to really enjoy reading a good chick lit book.  Chick lit always ends up being easy, quick and entertaining read.  I recently found my first Knitting Chick Lit book...and I loved it.  I was wondering if anyone has any other knitting themed chick lit or really any type of knitting themed book they would like to share.  OOOO maybe a good knitting horror/mystery...could be interesting
I just finished "KNITTING UNDER THE INFLUENCE"
loved it!
Its about 3 20something girls that get together every week to knit, chat and bond (how could you not love it so far).  Of course staying with the whole chick lit theme...it follows their love and business life...eventually of course ending happily ever after for everyone...yeah!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crnaofca
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007 02:58:53 AM »

Not really a chick lit, more crime/mystery, but some time ago i finished "knit one, kill two" that i received in personal swap (thans, FrogPuddle:)). it's not exactly work of art, but it is fun:) it's about a woman that solves murder(s) with help of women from her lys:)

also, there is a lot of knitting going on in "The Cat Who Saw Stars" from "The Cat Who..." series by Lilian Jackson Braun. There is even some spinning, and the book is also crime/mystery:) i was listening to audiobook while knitting, it is great, much better then tv for me because a) i don't have tv b) i can still watch my knitting while listening to:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy.
~~~~~~
Will knit for PJ pants:) PM me:)
~~~~~~
Anyone interested in swapping Steve Jackson's "Munchkin" custom cards?
EllenKnits
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007 05:51:00 AM »

There are two more books in the series after the Knit One, Kill Two book.  Mary Kruger wrote a book called Dyed in the Wool and Debbie Macomber (sp?) has two about women and their LYS--The Shop on Blossom Street and A Good Yarn.  A book called Friday Night Knits or Knitting should be coming out soon.
Ellen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlett
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007 07:06:03 AM »

My mom gave me Knitting Under the Influence as a joke Xmas present.  I did read it though; it was my first and only foray into chick-lit ... normally my taste is a little more academic and nerdy.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kell
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007 07:11:39 AM »

Chicks with Sticks is really good, even though it's young adult.  I didn't like the second one in the series as much, but I love the first.  Plus, each come with a few free knitting patterns in the back.  Oddly, I like the patterns in the second book better (I suppose it makes up for me buying it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Him: I think we've been on the same page for a while now.
Me: What if we're on the same page, but in different books?

myspace
  swap info
isabelle_g
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007 08:28:22 AM »

Oh, I didn't realize Chicks with Sticks was the first of a series.

The Friday Night Knitting Club, by Kate Jacobs, is excellent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lana2
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007 08:46:15 AM »

The first Chicks with Sticks book is better, IMHO.  It was more about discovering knitting and good friends, whereas the second was almost entirely about boys (which is an important topic, don't get me wrong).  Smiley

There's also The Knitting Circle, by Ann Budd, which I just finished.  I thought it was better than Friday Night Knitting Club, which seemed like it was written with a script in mind. 

There's also Knitting, by Anne Bartlett, which is good too.  Not really "chick lit" because the main characters are older women, but I thought it was better than Knitting Under the Influence. 

I've read WAY too many knitting books. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tempestt03

Cattus meus id comedit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007 08:54:58 AM »

I'm reading 'the Friday Night Knitting Club' right now and I'm really enjoying it...can hardly put it down long enough to do my own knitting!  Someone told me they're making it into a movie and that Julia Roberts is playing Georgia (main character).  I hope that's true. :-)

Thanks for starting this thread...I haven't read any other kitting themed novels yet but I just got some good suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\_/) 
(o.0)   
(_ _)
JennBabe
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007 09:19:48 AM »

I was at Barnes and Noble last night, and my husband pointed out a series of 3 knitting mysteries by Maggie Sefton...

Knit One, Kill Two
Needled to Death
A Deadly Yarn

I haven't read any of them yet, but they look good!  Definitely on my wish list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007 12:22:34 PM »

I really liked Knit One Kill Two! I have a copy of Knitting Under the Influence that a friend bought me for Christmas. I'm trying to save it for my plane ride to Las Vegas next month (I *have* to read chick lit on the plane, and this book seems perfect) but I'm not sure I can hold off Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Necklaces
How to Make Hemp Jewelry
Learn How to Make Hemp Jewelry
How to Make a Woven Yarn Friendship Bracelet
How to Make A Woven Yarn Friendship V Bracelet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...