A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: beaded snowflakes  (Read 3643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Goddess
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2004 10:14:29 PM »

I meant on crack....see? I can't even type that! ok...so here goes.

start out with 18" of 24 gauge jewelry wire. String 6 6mm bicone beads and tie a knot to form a circle. with the long end of your wire thread one bicone right to left, so that the wire peeks through the left side of the bead. string three seed beads, one bicone, and three more seed beads. thread the wire again, from right to left. Your wire should be on the left side, forming a circle on top of your first bicone. repeat the process on all 6 bicones. When you have all six bicones beaded thread your wire through.......ahhh forget it....let me draw the instructions and scan them in, I am confusing myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovepaper
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004 03:39:53 AM »

oooooohhhh, those are so nice goddess. i'm gonna have to try this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookgirl
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004 07:37:05 AM »

Those are so pretty and elegant, and I can't wait to see a tutorial.  I made clunkier beaded snowflakes last year, and I can't wait to give these a try.  Must stop at the bead shop on my way home.  Thanks for posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004 04:51:52 PM »

I meant on crack....see? I can't even type that!
I know what you meant, I just thought I'd point it out and make fun of you  Wink hehe nice, aren't I?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
bookgirl
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004 09:20:56 AM »

I meant on crack....see? I can't even type that! ok...so here goes.

start out with 18" of 24 gauge jewelry wire. String 6 6mm bicone beads and tie a knot to form a circle. with the long end of your wire thread one bicone right to left, so that the wire peeks through the left side of the bead. string three seed beads, one bicone, and three more seed beads. thread the wire again, from right to left. Your wire should be on the left side, forming a circle on top of your first bicone. repeat the process on all 6 bicones. When you have all six bicones beaded thread your wire through.......ahhh forget it....let me draw the instructions and scan them in, I am confusing myself!

I know it's a busy time of year, and I don't wanna nag, but I wonder if you were able to put together instructions?  I'd still love to give this a try and if I wing it I'll just wind up with a sparkly blob  Roll Eyes.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004 09:21:55 PM »

ok, try these instructions and see if they make sense

2. Cut 16 inches of beading wire. For the snowflake center, thread six bicone beads to the center of the wire. Form the beads into a circle, threading one wire end back through the first bead. Pull both wire ends taut, twist the ends and cut one tail off.

3. On the remaining wire end, thread  (3 seed) bead, one bicone, (3 seed) bead. Thread the wire through the next bead in the center round. Repeat to make a total of six loops.

4. On the wire end,  insert this wire through the 4-millimeter clear (4-millimeter white) bead in the next loop of the second round.

5. These beads fill the gap between the loops. Make another circle on the second loop. Continue working this way until you've completed a circle on top of the sixth loop. Thread the wire into the base of the sixth circle. Wrap the wire tail around the base circle wire several times and trim the excess. Twist the wire ends together. Trim the excess wire.

6. For a hanging loop, thread a 4-inch length of ribbon through one of the beaded loops and knot the ends.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004 09:24:39 PM by Goddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShiningStar
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004 05:21:41 PM »

Hi Smiley,
I love these and look forward to trying these.  I sent you an IM.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Is Olivia Palermo Going Back to Reality TV?
Make a Splash With 3 Gorgeous Poolside Outfits
Running in Style This Summer
Eliminate "Back Fat" With the Right Bra
How to Deal With Bra "Spillage"
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...