A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seven Deadly Sins Round 2 Swap Gallery  (Read 4885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irish_chicky
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007 02:52:07 AM »

awesome crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Sariel
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007 12:02:43 PM »

My partner's package arrived today! Cheesy But I won't be able to open it or post until Friday afternoon or evening, sadly. (I'm in college, but I had it sent home to make sure it got picked up immediately.) I'll definitely be posting ASAP on Friday, though; I can't wait to see what's inside! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 plushies! If you like my designs, I'm up for discussing swaps or commissions. Smiley

my wists
Mezzi
Almost Cool

Use your *imagination*

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007 01:58:46 PM »

eep, I can't wait to recieve! My partner recieved her gift a few days ago and she seemed to really like it! I hope she posts pictures Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowdy Vamp Raquel
Sewing till the death...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007 04:01:17 PM »

I loved the bag, I thought it was so cute. Cool stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadgeek
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007 01:34:55 PM »

This was a crazy, crazy swap.  First I left town for nearly a week with a family emergency, so my package was sent out wicked late, then I ended up pulling weird shifts to make up for missing so much, so I haven't had time to be online and post.  The good news is Sariel sent me a swap package so completely awesome that it literally astounded me.  I should mention that Sariel and I decided to amp things up with our swap.  Instead of picking one sin to craft, we did a small craft for each sin, followed by one sizable craft.
Each sin had this great write-up attached that was free form poetry, and then each sin was a hand sewn animal made from felt!  They ranged from 1 inch to 4 inches!  (Sorry for the photo quality, I ended up taking them with a camera phone)

THEN this fabulous, jointed, hand-done doll of ME!!! (because, little known fact, being me is in fact the deadliest sin)  

My fiance's reaction was the same as mine... WOW.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010 01:44:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between a "hobby" and a "mental illness"
Sariel
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007 02:41:05 PM »

. . . I don't think I'm going to stop grinning for awhile.  Grin I am SO glad you liked, seriously. Cheesy And I promise I'll post yours on Friday! (It figures that this week is the one week I don't get to go home early, bah. Smiley )

For the record: the poetry was actually something I found online, and if anyone wants, I'll happily post a link. The animals were made with patterns from Carolyn Vosberg Hall's "Sewing Tiny Toys", although I did tweak one or two of the patterns a little; I picked them based on www.deadlysins.com, and swapped out two for animals that were easier to make I thought fit better. And the big doll was based on http://dollmaker.nunodoll.com/nekomimi, with changes to the head pattern and face instructions, and freeformed clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 plushies! If you like my designs, I'm up for discussing swaps or commissions. Smiley

my wists
Sariel
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007 03:36:07 PM »

I finally got to open my package!

. . . unfortunately, the post office apparently wasn't too careful with it: some of redheadgeek's swap items were damaged, and one appears to be destroyed.  Angry (I say "appears to be" because, on a partial unwrap, I could feel that it was in pieces; I haven't unwrapped it all the way to see just how bad the damage is, but it's definitely bad.) Which is a real shame, because the swap items are wonderful.

Redheadgeek and I did one large all-sins item and seven small items (one per sin). For the small items, she painted ceramic mugs with the names of the sin and neat patterns; for the large item, she made an AMAZING quilt. My pictures don't do justice to it at all; the main fabrics are gorgeous red and orange, a pretty tie-dyed-ish fabric on the back, and a black and red satin border. I have no idea where she got the pictures for the sin squares; screenprinting, maybe? If so, they came out REALLY well.

Photos!

The Wrath mug got chipped around the top, which annoys me especially because I think I like its design the best. Flames, yay! Next to it is the Wrath square on the quilt (which I did for all of them).

Sloth came through intact, whew. There's no pattern on the mug -- very Slothful, redheadgeek.  Wink

Speckled Pride mug, which lost its handle. I think the Pride square is one of my favorites off the quilt.

The Greed mug and its little green dollar bills is great! Second favorite mug, definitely. Smiley

Gluttony made it through okay! (As you can see from the fact that its handle got photographed. Wink )

Envy also lost its handle, drat.

No mug picture, because Lust is the one that got really damaged, but I love the quilt square here, lots.

Shot of the back of the quilt! It looks more orangey in the photo than it really is, but you can get a sense for the pattern and all. Smiley

And the piece de resistance, a shot of the whole quilt (awkwardly) draped over my bed (so I could photograph the whole thing at once).

I love this so much, redheadgeek. Thank you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
schizo319
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007 06:47:08 PM »

WOW -that quilt is AMAZINGLY cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007 07:51:43 PM »

The quilt is the best!!  What a perfect way to use such a fun fabric--you must tell us more about the fabric used--(and where you got it, ha ha!)--Sorry to hear that the mugs were damaged, but at least you have a few to use and remind you of this great swap!  WOW!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faeryofdespaircreation55
Blistex is my lover and OH my lips enjoy it!

Lupus in Fabula

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007 11:42:12 PM »

I GOT MY PACKAGE LIKE 3 DAYS AGO!
sorry i didnt post it soon..........but but i started working and it pretty much takes up my time....hahaha so anyways my partner and I live in the same city so we should have been the first but anyways....she made me this:

I love the bag!!! It was just awesome if im not wrong cuase its pretty late, but i think SUPERBIA means vanity.....but i dont remember...
oh and she made me these four little pigs
that represent sloth,luxury(leapord), envy,and gluttony...hahaha
ther awesome!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007 11:44:00 PM by faeryofdespaircreation55 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lets see whose gonna fight in the third world war.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clip In Hair Extensions - Questions and Answers
How to Wash and Care For Clip In Human Hair Extensions
How to Clip In Foxy Locks Extensions
Cute Messy Side Bun Hair Do Inspired by Paris Hilton
How to Straighten Your Hair With Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...