A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: looking to purchase some good dpns  (Read 961 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jacklad
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007 10:23:36 AM »

I love the Inox metal ones - they come in sets of five, and have a very smooth coating.

They also make lace sized dpns - those are nickel plated and run from 1.25 to 2 mm in size (0000 to 0).

But be warned - my preferences are for sharp and slippery, so if that isn't your thing, these might not be for you.  Grin

Jackie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chimera
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007 10:55:40 AM »

I love bamboo needles and use them for just about every project. I too, knit fairly tightly and find them simply the best. I find that natural fibers (esp. wool and cotton) do not move as smoothly across plastic and metal needles. I have a couple of pairs of lion brand metal needles that I bought when I first started knitting because they were cheap and I did not want to invest big $$ in a project I may not like in a few months and I find that the tips get rough after a while from the friction of knitting. I also have a pair of knit picks metal needles - I like them but they are really slippery and pointy. The ends also don't get rough from the nickel coating - I'd say they are a good investment. Knitting flys with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007 11:07:43 AM »

Those lion brand double points are bleh.  Not pointy and made of a kind of yucky plastic that doens't let the yarn slide well.  I don't mind plastic needles (I love my Denise set), but these are no good and overpriced as well. 

I almost exclusively use magic loop, but I do have a set of Brittany birch which I like and they're not much more than the Lion Brand. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misplacedhippie
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007 11:11:18 AM »

I have worked with all three and dont care for the bamboo, not slippery enough for my tight stiches.  I usually use the metal ones, I had to buy a second pack of size 4 to finish a pair of gloves but it was worth it.  I have plastic ones in size 10, you could cut yourself with their super pointy point, but that was all I could find in my area close to the size I wanted (10 1/2).  Oh to find some bigger and smaller dpns.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
Jacklad
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007 01:52:13 PM »

The 8" Inox dpns come in 10.5 (and I already mentioned their lace needles). Here's a site that carries both:

http://www.halcyonyarn.com/knitandcrochet/knitneedles.html

Jackie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatyerhartout
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007 02:12:41 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
lavieenrose
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007 02:43:50 PM »

I magic loop just about everything these days, but I really like my brittany birch dpns.  The only other kind I have are the clover bamboos and those work well, too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chimera
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007 03:24:06 PM »

Has anyone tried Addi Turbo needles?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007 05:53:01 PM »

I'm a magic looper but from time to time I turn to my crystal palace dpns. I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arabella
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007 07:30:56 PM »

another vote for Clover bamboo needles here. I've only purchased size 6 and up though.  I need the stickiness, because I tend to drop stitches.

Has anyone tried Addi Turbo needles?
I haven't tried their dpns but I LOVE the circs.  I honestly find them the perfect needle.  when I win the lottery, I am buying all addi turbos.  in every size. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter E
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
What Is Graffiti Blockbuster Style
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter G
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...