A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat shoppe swap round 8,9,10 and now 11 (pg 55)! Links in first post!  (Read 34401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cindy_23492
lean mean crochet machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2007 03:57:53 PM »

wheeeeen does it start? Tongue

I think it was sign-ups last week of Feb to 1st week of March?
The timing's good for me. I'll have March Break to craft Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icrispyi

Trying to build swap karma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2007 04:27:40 PM »

wheeeeen does it start? Tongue

I think it was sign-ups last week of Feb to 1st week of March?
The timing's good for me. I'll have March Break to craft Smiley

sweet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gotta build good swap karma!

My Crafter-Stalker Cheat Sheet:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/cmhkorn/319720.html
Avian Flight
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2007 06:50:00 PM »

I am stumped.  I can't figure out what to make. 

Any suggestions?

I knit, make jewelry things, make polymer clay stuff and sew a little.

I just learned how to crochet in christmas in order to make the sock monkey blanket in Happy Hooker.  I can't count crochet stitches though.  I asked my friends and they crochet but they don't know how to count stitches either. 
What about those wooden knitting needles with a clay figure on the end?  (like a sheep, etc?)
Not sure if it would be too costly....maybe you could go the dowel route to make needles?
I just love the ones I have seen on Ebay....

Oooohh, that sounds really nice. I hope someone takes interest in doing these, or maybe I will instead of the painted candle holders.
I'm so excited about this swap!

Penguino- by not being able to count stitches do you mean after you have crocheted the stitches or you don't understand the numbering of stitches in the pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2007 07:54:38 PM »

Javastain, you sound like the encouraging teacher... either that or the pushy enabler.  0Hahahaha...  The first one sounds better.
Well, I used to teach skiing and snowboarding, so I guess I have a teaching background  Grin .... but I've been a pusher of crafts my whole life! (and pushy and enabling and...)

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
igobylorib
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2007 08:12:33 PM »

So I've seen atleast three people requesting needlebooks. I did one last round and included some buttons, pins and needles inside. So a needlebook will be my first offering of 5> I want to do them different I think so it's off to the drawing board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2007 08:24:52 PM »

Atsuko~ I was just reminded of your beaded animals... I would love some of those in a hair pin or something! I love the giraffe's I got, and I remember some octopi and monkeys too right?

OH~ and who's doing the knitting needles??? I would love some!!!

Lorib~ Your needle books were very popular last round, I say go for it! You might not get away with only doing 5 though!!!

I think I'll start sign ups next weekend. I have one swap finishing mid week this week, so I'd like to do that before sign ups start for next round!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2007 08:59:12 PM »

Atsuko~ I was just reminded of your beaded animals... I would love some of those in a hair pin or something! I love the giraffe's I got, and I remember some octopi and monkeys too right?

I'd love to offer some beaded things in an upcoming SSS round.  I can't do it right now because my carpal tunnel syndrome is acting up again.  Luckily, I am done crafting for this round and will be offering bling, bling rings.  I'll take some pics so you can all see.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penguino
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2007 09:28:41 PM »

I am stumped.  I can't figure out what to make. 

Any suggestions?

I knit, make jewelry things, make polymer clay stuff and sew a little.

I just learned how to crochet in christmas in order to make the sock monkey blanket in Happy Hooker.  I can't count crochet stitches though.  I asked my friends and they crochet but they don't know how to count stitches either. 
What about those wooden knitting needles with a clay figure on the end?  (like a sheep, etc?)
Not sure if it would be too costly....maybe you could go the dowel route to make needles?
I just love the ones I have seen on Ebay....

Oooohh, that sounds really nice. I hope someone takes interest in doing these, or maybe I will instead of the painted candle holders.
I'm so excited about this swap!

Penguino- by not being able to count stitches do you mean after you have crocheted the stitches or you don't understand the numbering of stitches in the pattern?

Somehow I always lose count.  I think it gets to do with starting a new round (when crochet in circle), which stitch I skip.  Since I do chain for the first stitch on each row.  I don't know which stitch to skip.  Oh well I can fudge enough to make some in the round, but I don't know how to crochet bag or belt or scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2007 09:34:23 PM »

I'd love to offer some beaded things in an upcoming SSS round.  I can't do it right now because my carpal tunnel syndrome is acting up again.  Luckily, I am done crafting for this round and will be offering bling, bling rings.  I'll take some pics so you can all see.  Smiley

Argh! Blasted injuries! My hands have been going numb when I crochet now. Grrr... It makes crocheting take so much longer! I have to stop and shake out the tingles and then keep going! I am trying to come up with a non crochet thing to offer this round... give the tingles a rest! I hear vitamin B12 helps with aches and pains... haven't tried it yet... also oddly enough, hand drumming is supposed to help, and funny that the numbness started when I stopped drumming as much! Better get back to the music making as well!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
Avian Flight
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2007 10:40:47 PM »

Somehow I always lose count.  I think it gets to do with starting a new round (when crochet in circle), which stitch I skip.  Since I do chain for the first stitch on each row.  I don't know which stitch to skip.  Oh well I can fudge enough to make some in the round, but I don't know how to crochet bag or belt or scarf.

I did a quick google and this site looks useful for crocheting in the round. http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~aburton/crochrnd.html
Generally, every time you do a stitch you will see a "V" formation at the edge (this is also the hole where you stick your hook for the next row). That's considered 1 stitch. Turning chains also count as 1 stitch because they are for height (even if it may take a few stitches to do them). If you need more help, feel free to pm me since  we're getting off topic in this thread.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Executive Portrait
How to Create Lighting in a Studio
Lighting Techniques Using 1 large light source.
Comparison Between Ringflash and Rayflash
How to Take a Portrait Picture
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...