A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fabric store in manchester nh  (Read 2748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poohza

Look at life from all angles.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2005 12:22:10 PM »

Hello everyone...I had a question for anyone in the manchester nh area. when I was younger (much younger...probably twenty years ago..) I used to go to a remnant store with my mom in manchester called "levines" (I am not sure at all about the spelling). she thinks it was off valley street but I can't seem to locate it. I just figured I would give it a shot and see if any fellow NH people may know where it is. thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poohza.typepad.com
cinnamonsnail.etsy.com
grandmary
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005 08:45:32 AM »

This is from "patternreview.com"...................I hope it helps.
I read about this store here, a few months ago. I finally got a chance to stop in today and was delighted to see some familiar faces-the 'girls" behind the counter were also behind the counter at the old Harold Levines (on Valley Street), (now a CVS or something). Great silk tweeds, duipioni, crepe de chines, rayons, linens, blends, you name it, on long rolls (no faded fold marks). I bought an aqua linen for$3 yd, jade green silk faille for $8 yd, inexpensive linings and interfacings, some neat beaded trim for $3 yd, some sandwashed rayon for $6 yd, and my find of the day-a lilac silk tweed, (identical to the coral one I purchased at Levines almost 10 years ago!!) for $6 yd. They have a lot of fleece, some upholstery, beaded trims, fat quarters for all the quilters, a bit of this and that, and Gutermann thread (so I didn't have to run to Joanns across town for that). And as I was leaving, in came a tractor-trailer with another 25,000 yds to deliver. I stopped myself (well, almost) from making the fork lift driver stop so I could look. Stop in! Bring your CC, they take them all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gracie247
Librarian wannabe

Crafty Bookworm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007 02:54:48 PM »

I know this is a really old thread but I thought I would share the sad news with you anyway. My mom said that Levine's closed several years ago. We used to go there all the time. I am so bummed. If you're looking for fabric stores in the area, there is Fabric Fix just off of Second St. and also Martin's on the other end of Second St. in Bedford.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't make things. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day." -paraphrased Frank Sinatra
inredxink

i'm easy like sunday morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007 11:17:03 AM »

am i the only person in the world that can go up sencond street about 10 million times and find blake road or whatever road it is that martins is on?!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

can somebody show me
the kind of affection
you only see in the movies

just know that when you see me cringe sometimes
i'm trying to rid the poison from my mind

it's ok i forgive you
Gracie247
Librarian wannabe

Crafty Bookworm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007 06:52:27 AM »

It's just down the road from the Bedford Mall. Martin's is actually right on Second St. (the address must be different, maybe it faces Blake Rd). It's a big white building, kind of looking like a house, and it has these large squares in rainbow colors on the side. There is a shopping plaza right next to it with Hannaford's and Panera and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't make things. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day." -paraphrased Frank Sinatra
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Chicken with Figs and Lemon
How to Prepare a Salmon Nigiri Sushi
How to Cook Chilli and Ginger Chutney
How to Prepare Spring Rolls
How to Serve Singapore Inspired Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...