A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Got the new Interweave Knits!  (Read 6508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftykt
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007 09:46:34 AM »

I say as long as they have patterns that I like, they can arrange it any way they please...and I really like a lot of they patterns in this issue!

and knit thong...bring it on!  Its nice to see something different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms."
-Roy Lichtenstein
Roe
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007 01:16:01 PM »

The new layout totally sucks. You can't tell the patterns from the ads and having to flip to the back for the pattern is annoying. The main reason I loved IK is because they didn't do this. I definitely will not be renewing my subscription if they keep it this way. I'm not always thrilled with the patterns but always enjoyed looking through it and reading the articles. But now it's too busy and not as much fun.  bummer.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007 10:15:17 AM »

I just sent an email to IK.  This change in layout is so dissapointing.  I loved seeing the picture next to the pattern, and reading about how the design was created and/or yarn chosen.  If you don't like it either, send them an email!  If lots of people let them know how they feel about it, maybe they will change it back.   Grin

...but the pictures are still next to the patterns? To me, all they did was put the full page pictures before the pattern, which doesn't bother me at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007 10:18:54 AM »

I got mine in the mail last week also. I immediately ordered yarn for the Dollar and a Half Cardigan. However, just a note, there is an error in the pattern. I double and triple checked this with knitters more experienced than I and there is definitely a problem. The second row in the lace pattern doesn't work out with a multiple of 3 +1 sts. I've emailed them, but I haven't heard back yet.

As for the new layout: It is different, and it will take some getting used to, but it doesn't really bother me. Especially not to the point of cancelling my subscription! The patterns are still gorgeous, so I can't really complain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

landry
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007 02:41:50 PM »

The new layout totally sucks. You can't tell the patterns from the ads and having to flip to the back for the pattern is annoying. The main reason I loved IK is because they didn't do this. I definitely will not be renewing my subscription if they keep it this way. I'm not always thrilled with the patterns but always enjoyed looking through it and reading the articles. But now it's too busy and not as much fun.  bummer.

I actually feel the complete opposite; I found their old design layout hard to navigate as the ads were interspersed with the patterns. I like that it's easy to see all the pattern photos at once in the middle section instead of having to flip through the entire issue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
jesdmill
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007 03:43:07 PM »

I finally got a copy of this magazine today.  I'm really pleasantly surprised by the new layout - I really like the way the patterns are laid out now.  I think they're far easier to read.  I don't think it's like Vogue at all really.  The only criticism I have is that I don't like them splitting up the articles and finishing them in the back.  I don't understand that.

The Dollar and a half cardigan will definitely be made by me, and I also love the Cable down raglan and the swan lake cardian.  I think there are some really strong patterns for a Spring issue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

empress_deva
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007 08:32:21 PM »

I loved the Entrelac socks, though I don't think I will be knitting entrelac socks anytime soon.  I opened my issue and immediately picked up my needles to try the entrelac.  Not as hard as I always thought it was - the instructions are impeccable and I loved how my practice "swatch" came out.

On the subject of the layout.  It actually took me a few pages to realize that those were not ads, but pictures of featured patterns.  I was irritated at first, but I think I am over it now.  The patterns are still cool, and though I liked being able to look at the full page pic along with the pattern, I like that there are quite a few picks of the same pattern throughout the issue.  Backs, fronts, full views.  Works for me. 

Ahh...change, we humans have such a hard time with it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://devarocks.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/deva5aaron

I feel like a hero and you are my heroine
Do you know that your love is the sweetest sin?
soozeq
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007 09:14:59 PM »

Ahh...change, we humans have such a hard time with it.   Grin

Don't we though! <chuckle>

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
spacecase71
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007 04:00:23 PM »

I'm not crazy about the new layout. I DO like that there are smaller pics of the projects in with the patterns; I'll probably get used to it, but the old way was much better.

Am I the only one who is missing pages 97-120? I e-mailed IWK and called and left a message on their machine, but have not heard back. I'd like to know if it's just me   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007 07:44:12 AM »

That sucks, spacecase71! In a panic I ran to check my copy, but I have all the pages. Hope you hear back from them soon. Sad

(I assume you got yours in the mail? Otherwise I'd try taking it back to wherever you bought it from.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Shoes
How to Draw Shadows
How to Draw Horses
How to Draw Hearts
How to Draw Flames
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...