A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Got the new Interweave Knits!  (Read 6543 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2007 08:20:13 PM »

And re: the person who asked if you could do clementine with just 2 skeins of Alpaca Silk.

I just finished it a few days ago and it definitely takes 3 skeins.  I might have even wanted 4.  It wouldn't even get around your shoulders with 2 skeins, unless you made it really narrow (it's only 10 inches as is).  If you cut out a whole lace repeat, you might make length, but it would be only 5 or 6 inches wide - not really enough to cover your shoulders.

i started the clementine last night with 250 yards of worsted on 7's i'm going to see how far i get.... i may have to run out to the lys tomorrow
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
landry
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2007 09:08:57 PM »

can you save me the effort of finding out ... what weight is the yarn for the nighty, roughly?  (yards and grams mean nothing to me... I like the 1-6 scale, or "worsted" etc)

The Lace Nightie calls for Alchemy Bamboo, which is DK weight.
http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=181
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2007 04:39:20 AM »

thanks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnittenChicken
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2007 12:49:03 PM »

I for one love the new layout.   I hated the old one.  The pictures weren't clear and it bugged me to have ads interspersed with the patterns.

I'm confused, isn't the new layout all mixed together with ads? I thought that's what everyone meant. I have the spring issue and my patterns go all the way through, they're not all together. It looks like every other magazine now, which is a bummer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2007 03:02:26 PM »

rah! i haven't even GOT my subscription yet!
the first few issues they sent got to me only a week or two late (i'm in australia), but this one and the last took SO LONG to get here that i'm not bothering to renew my subscription (oh yeah. and they manage to send me a million 'renew' letters, but not my magazine Sad )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2007 03:05:00 PM »

rah! i haven't even GOT my subscription yet!
the first few issues they sent got to me only a week or two late (i'm in australia), but this one and the last took SO LONG to get here that i'm not bothering to renew my subscription (oh yeah. and they manage to send me a million 'renew' letters, but not my magazine Sad )

ME TOO!!!! I hear you.  I'm giving them a chance, but I'm feeling less and less confident about being a subscription holder...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lupinbunny

the bunny with the loops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2007 12:29:21 AM »

actually, mine did arrive this week (it gets delivered to my mum's place, where i don't live anymore).

the new format does suck. and as for making me leaf through their ads, nuh-uh! i got to the end of the pictures, and went 'oh well, guess that's it' and skipped all the patterns and the ads in the second half of the magazine.

i find the new format very difficult to read. i think because each item doesn't get a full page picture (like VK, from memory). it feels like there are far fewer patterns, and the mag is thus not worth the price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

O_R_they
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2007 01:27:55 PM »

i just bought it at my school's bookstore. i am looking at the tea rose halter. anyone know any good subs? the yarn is twinkie's cruise, but i'd rather not spend that much.

i never got the magazine before, so i don't mind it. i am so excited for like 7 of these patterns, though. i am dying for summer, so making summer knits will be just as fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2007 06:07:39 PM »

so, to continue my rant...  Wink

I got an "urgent" renewal notice for my subscription... you know, the one I'm still waiting for?  Yeah.  So I called.  Apparently my spring issue has been sent, but they're waiting on a shipment of the winter issue to send me.  Roll Eyes Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Makeover Your Dresser Using Wallpaper
Julie Chu: Learn from Your Mistakes
Winter Wonderland Themed Craft
How to Create Mosaic Tile Mirrors
How to Make Photo Coasters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...