A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Got the new Interweave Knits!  (Read 6013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soozeq
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007 06:45:33 PM »

They're threatening to cancel their subscriptions over a pattern for a knit thong? *boggles*

Maybe one, some threatened to cancel it because of the new layout.

I just read the thread over there, and some who were ranting about it changed their minds after actually seeing the magazine. Let's face it, some issues of just about any magazine have patterns we don't care for - think knitty and magknits. And the new layout is only a change, it may take some time to get used to it, but you may like it after a couple more issues. I haven't seen it yet, but I know I look at magazines for the patterns, not the layout design.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
*knitasaurous

OMG.A giant sheet of styrofoam is going to eat me!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007 07:29:02 PM »

I like the old layout, but i also like some of the new layout, like having pictures of the pattern in the corner of each page that particular pattern is in. Makes it easier to find the pattern you want witn out looking for the page number. I love the entrelac socks and the dollar and a half cardigan.also, WAY too many ads. and did anyone notice that an ad cut the entrelac tutorial in half? I was using it ,turned the page,and it like wtf? theres this two page ad for some book club. That was annoying.It's rather stupid to get upset over a thong.I mean, whats the point? you don't like it ,you don't HAVE to make it. It is not being forced onto your needles.Me,I would't touch it with a ten foot pole. But am I whining about its existence? No. I like that green top though.and the shrug. And Wenlan Chia's book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bad podcaster, no cookie!

knitasaurous= the knitting dinosaur that will eat you for calling it a grandma
soozeq
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007 08:32:10 PM »

Not to mention that the thong pattern is a download in the staff picks section anyway. Though I guess there's a couple pages with pictures, but still...

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
montcalmknits
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007 08:50:11 AM »

I got mine on Friday too- and I like the new layout! 

It's nice that there is a color photo in the top corner of EVERY page of each pattern, so you know what you're looking for. 

I also like how each "pattern author" gives some bulleted tips for each pattern in the directions.  I like color schemes used also, although that may just be what colors they used for this issue versus a new layout thing. 

I'm drawn to the dollar and a half cardigan, but I'm unsure how a cardigan with horizontal stripes on one side of the front and a big cable down the other side of the front would look when I actually wore it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissLulu
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007 09:52:22 AM »

That Knitter's Review thread blew my mind. It's amazing how upset (one woman was "in tears", people saying that it ruined theor day) people can get.

I don't get what the big deal is - I think it looks good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007 07:42:44 PM »

That Knitter's Review thread blew my mind. It's amazing how upset (one woman was "in tears", people saying that it ruined theor day) people can get.

Another person said she felt as though a close friend had died. Died?? Can you believe that? It is a freaking knitting magazine, people!   Roll Eyes

I'm not crazy about how the large pictures are grouped together away from the instructions, but it's just a personal preference. Somehow it feels like the "oohing and aahing" part of looking at the new issue is much shorter now because I see all the designs very quickly instead of having several pages of instructions between each one. But really, that's just something I'll have to get used to. I think the way the instructions are formatted now is actually much nicer looking and easier to follow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
nightowl_too
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007 10:38:42 PM »

I agree with those that don't care for the new format. It seems like they have become less artsy and more like all the other knitting mags out there (format wise). Maybe someone should send them the link to this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007 06:05:58 AM »

Many people complained that a lot of the pictures had that artsy out of focus look which made it difficult to see the stitch pattern or detail on some of the pieces. From what I hear, this new design does away with that.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007 09:35:31 AM »

Many people complained that a lot of the pictures had that artsy out of focus look which made it difficult to see the stitch pattern or detail on some of the pieces. From what I hear, this new design does away with that.
Yes! Thank you - I was trying to figure out why I liked the pictures better this time, and I bet that's it. I really felt like I could see the garments better, and that's probably why.

Unrelated to the layout (but related to this issue):
Hubby was flipping through this issue (tmi: apparently he'll read anything left in the bathroom) and he specifically pointed out to me that he liked Eunny's socks (good taste!). He thought they'd look really cute with a short jean skirt come summer, and that I should make them. Twist my arm Wink

Also (little brag here) he recognized that they were made using the same technique as the Lady Eleanor shawl (which I made for my grandmother for Christmas). It amuses me when he pays attention Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007 09:46:23 AM »

Also (little brag here) he recognized that they were made using the same technique as the Lady Eleanor shawl (which I made for my grandmother for Christmas). It amuses me when he pays attention Smiley

Haha, that's great. My BF didn't even notice that my Danica, Lady E, and entrelac blanket are all the same technique with out having it pointed out to him. Lol. He's obviously *very* perceptive. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Wear Sporty Chic Shirts
Hermes Opens Two More Factories For High Demand Products
What To Wear: Maxi Dresses
Hilary Rhoda Models the Best of Fall 2013
Beyoncé: Behind the Scenes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...