A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Got the new Interweave Knits!  (Read 5894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JBoudreau
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007 08:58:00 PM »

anyone in canada receive theirs? i just started subscribing and when i got my confirmation it said it would be mailed out on feb 22! that's too long to wait, plus it says it'll be on store shelves feb 20, it must be a mistake. i'm in bc.. just wondering how long i have to wait... if it's not here today i'm going to start checking chapters to get a sneak peak.

I've been a subscriber since last year and I remember that the first issue took forever, I got it way after it came out on the shelves. I hope your's gets to you soon!

I hate the new layout too.  I liked not having to flip back and forth to check the gauge.  I liked the blurbs describing the design process or inspiration.  Also, now that it's like this, I forgot to read the last page, because I usually kept flipping through.  Now, I just totally ignored all the ads and the article located at the back. 

Agreed, I don't like it either. I loved that the pictures were right there with the pattern, and I feel like I'm constantly flipping around. I miss the design stories, too. Bring 'em back, Interweave!

I like the cardigan by Veronik Avery, I can't remember what it's called, the Dollar and a Half Cardigan? I don't know that it would look nice on me though. How sad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007 12:03:09 AM »

Maybe all those of us who don't like the new layout should start an email campaign!  I think it's much nicer to have the picture with the pattern. Somehow it feels like I'm actually using the whole magazine, does that make sense? Instead of looking at the first 1/2 of the pages, I look at them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
frozenknitter
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007 01:04:47 AM »

I just sent an email to IK.  This change in layout is so dissapointing.  I loved seeing the picture next to the pattern, and reading about how the design was created and/or yarn chosen.  If you don't like it either, send them an email!  If lots of people let them know how they feel about it, maybe they will change it back.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit it.  I blog. 
bunchkinknits.blogspot.com
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007 07:56:07 AM »

Just another reply agree with everyone who is disappointed in the new layout...  and LOVE the entrelac socks!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
amey
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007 09:09:30 AM »

I dislike the new layout as well, and find I'm having to pay closer attention to sort out what's actually a pattern in the magazine versus what's an ad for a yarn company.

But that might be more a testimony to my lack of intelligence than the magazine?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitorama
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007 09:29:43 AM »

I dont really care for the new format.  I got several pages into the projects before I realized they werent ads.  The change interupts my routine for reading the magazine.  I still like the patterns but Im a pattern ho.   

Theres a similar thread to this one on the Knitter's Review forum and its getting down right nasty.  There are folks threatening to end their subscriptions.  And I cant tell you how many of them are offended by the knit thong.  I think its a bit silly.  But then it takes more then a knitting pattern to offend me.

I like the fact that folks here are concentrating on the patterns from the magazine they like even if they dont like the new format.   Smiley

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007 09:47:52 AM by knitorama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neveth
Rated PG-13 for language and mild peril.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007 10:14:40 AM »

They're threatening to cancel their subscriptions over a pattern for a knit thong? *boggles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007 11:40:42 AM »

I dislike the new layout as well, and find I'm having to pay closer attention to sort out what's actually a pattern in the magazine versus what's an ad for a yarn company.

But that might be more a testimony to my lack of intelligence than the magazine?

Then we are both dumb, cuz I am fooled by the ads too!  Smiley

Well, the editor's note at the beginning of the issue does say that they like getting feedback. Maybe I'll email them about it too, but also add that I'm very happy with the patterns they've been featuring lately (I really feel like the quality and styles have improved!) I'm sure they'll keep the new format for at least a while (to make sure that we aren't just upset by change) but maybe they'll go back to the other format eventually. I definitely wouldn't cancel my subscription because of format though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
uplate6674
Professional Insomniac

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007 12:31:54 PM »

And I cant tell you how many of them are offended by the knit thong.  I think its a bit silly.  But then it takes more then a knitting pattern to offend me.

Perhaps these are the same people who were offended by the word "Bitch" in Debbie Stoller's books...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Im wide awake
Wide awake
Im not sleeping
Oh, no, no, no"

-U2
lavieenrose
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007 02:48:08 PM »

You can add me to the "liked the old layout" list.  It's not a huge deal, but it was nicer before, I think.  And really, the only pattern I like in this issue is the entrelac socks.  The dollar and a half cardi is kind of cute, but I doubt I would ever make it.  Oh, I do like the nightie, tho, that was kind of cute.  Other than that, I thought the patterns were kind of meh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tissue Paper Stars
How to Build Your Own Volcano
How to Make a Statue of Liberty Crown for the 4th Of July
How to Make a 4th of July Hat
How to Make 4th of July Flag Invitations
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...