A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,652
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Got the new Interweave Knits!  (Read 5651 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultraviolet
« on: February 09, 2007 05:54:55 AM »

I received the Spring 2007 IK in the mail yesterday. I'm very pleased with the patterns! They also have a new layout - the pictures all come first and then the patterns follow. They're also launching www.knittingdaily.c om which is supposed to be some sort of online knitting community.

-Stefanie Japel's sweater looks just as wonderful as it did on the preview, and I'm seriously considering it for a future project.
-I also love the Dollar and a Half Cardigan.
-The Green Tea Raglan isn't as simple as it looked on the preview - it's mainly done in seed stitch and has an attached belt. I think I like it.
-Eunny Jang's socks look lovely, though I'm fairly certain I won't ever make entrelac socks (but I will probably refer to her entrelac tutorial).
-The men's Bauhaus Fair Isle is really nice - I'm impressed.
-Oh, and I like the Clementine Shawlette, though I'm not really a shawl person. But if I were to make one, it would probably be this one.

I dare say, there's nothing hideous in this issue Smiley Oh, and check out the article on Joan McGowan-Michael of White Lies Designs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
riverside knitter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007 06:34:20 AM »

I received my issue yesterday and will definitely making a few things out of this issue, 2 of which will be stashbusters!

-Roza's socks- Just what those 2 skeins of LL have been waiting for
-Clementine Shawl - I was gifted with 5 hanks of cash iroha a few months back.  This pattern is perfect for them!
-Bamboo raglan - love this, but debating whether that much seed stitch will in fact push me over the edge, although I always love the finished seeded product.  Thinking KP Shine Worsted would be a good sub.
-Glampyre's cabled raglan - I so need this sweater and it feeds my current cable addiction, but live in Florida and must find a more climate suitable yarn.  Thinking either KP Mainline or Cascade Sierra.

Now to get through a couple of WIPs before I cast anything else on...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canarysanctuary
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007 08:17:20 AM »

I'm very jealous!  I have to wait til the end of the month - this issue looks amazing on the online preview, and I'm glad to hear it's as great in reality!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
juliefer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007 08:22:42 AM »

anyone in canada receive theirs? i just started subscribing and when i got my confirmation it said it would be mailed out on feb 22! that's too long to wait, plus it says it'll be on store shelves feb 20, it must be a mistake. i'm in bc.. just wondering how long i have to wait... if it's not here today i'm going to start checking chapters to get a sneak peak.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sachis2112
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007 09:51:09 AM »

I know a lot of people like the new layout.  I personally don't.  I actually found myself getting unreasonably annoyed by it.   Cheesy  And I do mean unreasonably.  I liked IK because it was different than the other magazines in presentation.  Now it's the same.  *hrmph*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007 10:29:56 AM »

Just got mine yesterday. I like the cover design, though I can't see myself ever wearing it. I also like Stefanie Japel's design, and may consider it in the future. Maybe one day I'll make the Clementine Shawl, since I don't have any shawls and I think they would be nice to carry around for when it's hot outside but the AC is cranked inside. The only item I'm dying to make, though, is the entrelac socks, though they look like they're sized for someone with much skinnier calves than mine so I might have to tweak them a little. I didn't notice that they were knit in variegated yarn in the preview, and I'm really liking it now that I've seen them in the magazine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xchinagurlyx
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007 11:33:42 AM »

I hate the new layout too.  I liked not having to flip back and forth to check the gauge.  I liked the blurbs describing the design process or inspiration.  Also, now that it's like this, I forgot to read the last page, because I usually kept flipping through.  Now, I just totally ignored all the ads and the article located at the back. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007 12:54:30 PM »

I'm not crazy about the layout either. I like having the pattern near the picture so I can easily look at the pictures I like and see what yarn they are made of, or consult the picture when I'm confused about something in the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
meriellyn
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007 01:37:22 PM »

Aw crap... I'm so disappointed to hear about the new layout. That was one of the things I loved about IWK! Sad

About the Clemenine: do you think it could me midified for only 2 skeins of Alpaca Silk? I picked some up a while back but I only got two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007 07:56:24 PM »

I've never actually looked at an issue of IK before, though I have perused the site. Seeing the preview of this new issue made me think about subscribing... then, seeing those entrelac socks pushed me over the edge!

I love entrelac, and have been trying to figure out a way to use it in something other than a scarf or blanket. These socks are perfect!

Oh, and it doesn't help that all of the designs are very new and (dare I say?) seductive. My only problem when subscribing today is that it said the magazine will be mailed out on March the 8th. Does that sound right to you guys? Frustrating... I have to wait a month to get the issue I'm drooling over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Vegetable Tempura
How to Cook Tarka Dal
How to Prepare a Sweet Lassi
How to Cook Pad Kaprow Koong
How to Cook Murgh Makhni
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...