A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FIBER FRIDAY 02/09/07  (Read 8882 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007 05:46:40 AM »

Whoopee!! It's Friday!!! First up I have about 250 yards of BFL singles, handdyed by Sweet Georgia. I finished this a couple weeks ago but never got around to taking pics until this week.

And here's two big skeins--about 222 yards total--of Lorna's Laces top in Glenwood, turned into my first two-ply on the wheel. I call it "Sweettarts."  Grin

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007 06:33:22 AM »

Beautiful yarns already this morning! 
Lubee:  Congrats on your first yarn!  It looks great.

I finally finished plying the monster that was on my wheel (yay!) but may not get a chance to take/post a picture until tomorrow morning. 

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007 06:53:51 AM »

two pages already!!  I love them all! They are so wonderful, all of them!!  I always enjoy seeing the new spinners Cheesy

I don't have anything to contribute this week.  I finished washing and setting the last of the yarn I posted last week.  I have to take a break from spinning, my fingers are sore!

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007 07:27:43 AM »

Woohoo, everything is great so far! feralfeminine - Tainted Love is so beautiful, it looks like a fairy tale! And kazkitty - Dreamscape give me motivation to tackle the mohair I have in my stash, I've been kind of scared of it after making a mess out of a little test bit I spun up. And I love how you spun the silk hankies all bulky - I spun some up once but I did it really thin, I like yours way better!

Here's what I did this week, I haven't set the twist yet but I got some pictures anyway --

Fire (from Fun With Yarn, I'm shamelessly addicted to her colors) - merino / tencel, 100 grams, 332 meters (which seems awfully high, I think I'll double-check the count later). I haven't done the wpi yet, but it seems about dk-ish weight.

This yarn will become a lacy crocheted scarf as soon as it's washed and dried. It's for my oldest friend who has a one-year-old boy and spends most of her time looking after other people's children as well. Last time I spoke to her, she sounded a bit worn out and since she's coming to visit next week, I thought I'd make her something luxurious just for her!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007 07:33:45 AM »

Do you ever just want to stick your nose into a nice pile of fiber or spun yarn and inhale? mmm yarn....

Lubee, your yarn definitely reminds me of peppermint, too! Congrats on the first "skein"

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007 07:41:12 AM »

I have been admiring all of your yarns for quite some time.  Here's my first entry.  Rambouillet and silk done on my drop spindle http://bp1.blogger.com/_UeGFXxA0-DI/RcYNUAWtTaI/AAAAAAAAAmQ/NRFD4ydIlBM/s1600-h/P1020534.JPG
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007 08:20:14 AM »

Shocked wow everybody it looks so good!!

Here's my very first entry, I'm so excited!

There I am, hating my life.  I didn't have something in the middle of the ball, so when I tried plying, it plied behind my hand.  I stuck a screwdriver handle in the middle, and the rest was smooth sailing.

That's my mini skein before I got fed up, broke the yarn, and stuck the handle in.  I plied the rest, and it's about 40 yards.  Now I have another ounce left to go, in nice little roving balls on my table.  Maybe I'll do that today, I'm inspired.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011 12:56:30 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The dog is barking out back; he thinks he's in the band.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007 08:56:40 AM »

Hey everyone,

Great Yarn! It's so cold here in minnesota, that I am locking myself inside today and spinning all day! Here is my addition to Fiber Friday.

I really like that drop spindle!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010 01:01:18 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007 09:07:19 AM »

whoa!  i love the gold thread you plied it with!

The dog is barking out back; he thinks he's in the band.

How do you like my lovely hat?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007 09:23:19 AM »

Gorgeous!  It looks so royal!

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's me with some yarn on my head.

Etsyness:  http://WhirligigYarns.etsy.com

Bloggity:  http://whirligigyarns.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hollywood Hair: Mary Kate Olsen
Hollywood Hair: Drew Barrymore
How to Style Side-Swept Bangs
Hollywood Hair: Taylor Swift
Hollywood Hair: Gisele Bundchen
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...