A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cross Stitched Mp3 Case - I'm proud! :D  (Read 9993 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , video_game , ds_case  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007 04:20:05 PM »

I think I just have to get my needles and plastic canvas out now... I've been pondering a case for my mp3, because nothing exists, and now I've seen one made! I still have to figure out how to close the thing, as I've got buttons on one long side + earplug contact on the end side...  Roll Eyes
Any ideas?

Firstly, thanks for the support.  Secondly, I was wondering what mp3 player your have.  If I know this, I can look up a picture of it, then maybe will be able to help with the construction! 

Hoping to hear from you,

Rachel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ryelle33
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007 12:26:32 PM »

wow, that's really cool! I might have to try that now... (I've had plastic canvas sitting in the corner & wondering what to do with it...)

awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007 06:14:51 AM »

Glad you like the idea! My only suggestion, though, is that plastic canvas (vs. perforated plastic) which you use with yarn, uses fairly large holes, so I don't know what kind of a pattern you could fit on there... but it still might work.  Unless you meant perforated plastic in the first place... so disregard this completely! Smiley

Rachel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydiane

Love to do all kinds of handwork!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007 05:09:15 PM »

That case is just too cute!  I love it!  You are very talented to come up with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC personal swaps requested.  PM me.
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007 05:54:54 AM »

Thanks caftydiane!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anneR
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007 05:36:25 AM »

I think I just have to get my needles and plastic canvas out now... I've been pondering a case for my mp3, because nothing exists, and now I've seen one made! I still have to figure out how to close the thing, as I've got buttons on one long side + earplug contact on the end side...  Roll Eyes
Any ideas?

Firstly, thanks for the support.  Secondly, I was wondering what mp3 player your have.  If I know this, I can look up a picture of it, then maybe will be able to help with the construction! 

Hoping to hear from you,

Rachel
Well, I have a Creative Zen nano plus 1gb - it's a wonderful size, holds all the music I need for my purposes (lunch walks) - but because my play/pause button is on the top right front side, the buttons go all the way down the right side and the earplug contact is on the top, I have almost nowhere I can close the case without "losing" some buttons...

Any help is of course appreciated, as I get very UNcreative in these matters...  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--------------
Anne in Sweden
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007 12:31:10 PM »

Well, I have a Creative Zen nano plus 1gb - it's a wonderful size, holds all the music I need for my purposes (lunch walks) - but because my play/pause button is on the top right front side, the buttons go all the way down the right side and the earplug contact is on the top, I have almost nowhere I can close the case without "losing" some buttons...

Any help is of course appreciated, as I get very UNcreative in these matters...  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

Okay.  I've taken a look at some pictures, and I think you can totally do this.  You'll be limited in your pattern/cover design options because it's smaller than mine, but that's okay.  Here's what you do.  Each piece of plastic canvas needs to be cut out separately.  You need to cut one for the back which will be the full-size of one of the largest sides of the player.  Hang on... maybe a diagram would be easier.

Okay.  I worked one out, and posted on my Deviant Art Account.  Don't worry, you don't need an account to view it, just click the link.  Click the picture to make it full size.

I expect to see some pictures!

Haha, just kidding.  Don't feel any obligation to actually take a stab at this!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51376396/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anneR
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007 03:34:32 AM »

That looks totally doable! I've printed your template, now to start cutting the plastic canvas so I can see what to stitch... Smiley

Thank you so much, you are my hero of the day!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--------------
Anne in Sweden
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007 11:21:04 AM »

That looks totally doable! I've printed your template, now to start cutting the plastic canvas so I can see what to stitch... Smiley

Thank you so much, you are my hero of the day!  Kiss

*Blush* I've never been someone's hero before!

On another note:

EEE!! *Squeal of excitement*

I'm so excited you're really going to do this!!! Be sure to post a link on here when you finish and get pictures up so I won't miss it!!!  I was worried you weren't going to see it, or something, but this is so great!  I was away in Greece and therefore not checking Craftster for quite a while, so I'm glad you found this after all that time!  I'm so happy I could share with someone!

Keep me posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
emulatris
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007 08:44:07 AM »

I'd love to do something like this for myself and my man if only I knew how to, too fantastic for words Wink In the meantime, I'll just drool over it. You should be proud of yourself, I certainly would be if I were you Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Make Fried Chicken Steak Sandwich with Homemade Onion Rings
Learn how to Make Fried Chicken Steak with Mashed Potatoes and White Gravy
Learn how to Finish an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Bake an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Cook with Vidalia Onion
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...