A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine Spring 2007  (Read 4589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purplexime
« on: February 08, 2007 06:11:46 AM »

Has anyone seen Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine Spring 2007?.  I love it.  I got it last night and has so many cute patterns that I want to try.  I am not too experience in crocheting, but are they as easy as they rate them?  Is any one interested in trying the boxy cardigan?  I want to try that, but using Homespun from Lionbrand since they are of the same weight, Bulky 5 and I have tons of them in purple too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007 09:11:20 AM »

I just bought this magazine the other night. (they had it at bi-lo. I was so thrilled!)
I can't decide which project to do. I love the bobble purse and the headbands and the lacey look blanket. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naff Productions
Make things so far out they're in!

You look marvelous

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007 12:02:20 PM »

I have this magazine and love it, too.  I'm currently making a swatch to try my hand at the openwork coat.  I've already ripped out one swatch that came out WAY too big! Shocked  So, I'm trying a smaller hook.

But, I found out some bad news.  I found a couple of problems in the pattern stitch directions.  So, I tried to go on the website they gave and couldn't get the page to come up at all.  Then I saw on Crochetville that Family Circle is getting rid of their whole crochet and knit division.  They won't be publishing this mag any longer. Huh   Angry  Phooey!  Anyway, I hope I don't find any more mistakes in their instructions.  Or, at least any mistakes that I can't figure out.  I finally figured out the problem in the pattern stitch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naff1 (nf)  adj. Chiefly British Slang.
Unstylish, clichd, or outmoded.

naff2 (nf)  intr.v. Chiefly British Slang. naffed, naffing, naffs
To fool around or go about: naffing about in a tutu (Suzanne Lowry).
purplexime
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007 12:46:41 PM »

That is a bad news  Sad.  I love the magazine. 
Openwork coat is anotherone that I want to try.  Let me know how it goes.  Would you mind posting the corrections?  I might want to try that one first.  Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittin1982
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007 07:34:50 PM »

i am working on the openwork coat right now.....and i kinda made a mistake....used the wrong hook and didn't realize it until i was completely done with the back piece.....the hook was the same color...anyways....there are a few mistakes, but nothing major.  i know that one of the pattern rows calls for 2 extra dc...i can't remember which....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naff Productions
Make things so far out they're in!

You look marvelous

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007 08:00:27 AM »

Here's the correction you need to make to the stitch pattern for the openwork coat:  On Row 3 where it says *sk first 2 dc of 7-dc group, 2dc, dc in each . . .  Mark out the 2 dc (the ones I've put in red).  There were a couple of other things that I thought were wrong, but once I did the repeat several times, I realized that it was me being confused - not the directions.  I am having a horrible time trying to get the gauge right, however.  I am totally sick of doing the swatch thing now.  So, I think I may go back to the bigger hook, start the back, crochet tighter and measure again.  If that doesn'twork, I'll go with the advice of Lily Chin in her new book and make it smaller, then block the *bleep* out of it!  Oh, and I'm doing my coat in the soft gray sterling color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naff1 (nf)  adj. Chiefly British Slang.
Unstylish, clichd, or outmoded.

naff2 (nf)  intr.v. Chiefly British Slang. naffed, naffing, naffs
To fool around or go about: naffing about in a tutu (Suzanne Lowry).
AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007 10:41:58 PM »

I picked it up today. OMG, some of those things are too cute! Between this and the March Crochet! Mag, I have too much to pick from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
decarillion
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007 12:24:27 PM »

I'm more than halfway done with the Dressy Spring Jacket--a gift for my godmother. I'm doing it in pink/white, very soft stripey yarn that I got from WM on clearance last year (that NoBo stuff), and using silver yarn from a Yarn Ball to separate the striped bands. I'll post when it's done, if I like the way it turns out LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scubagirl
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007 06:29:58 AM »

It really sucks  Sad that they are discontinuing this magazine (they already stopped the knitting version and now this).  The Spring issue is wonderful!  I love they're format, it makes everything look so exciting and fun.They just photograph everything so well.  Plus it came out so infrequently that you look forward to it so much more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If You're Lucky Enough To Live in the Florida Keys, You're Lucky Enough.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007 07:17:33 AM »

My mom swiped my copy and is going to make something with it. I'll get it back from her eventually. (even if I have to use force) There's a purse In there I want to make so bad. (the bobble purse)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 2/2
How to Use the Power of Gesture Through a Portrait
How to Use Neutral Density to Imply Motion
How to Separate the Portrait from the Background
How to Use Distortion to your Advantage
Latest Blog Articles
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...