A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize your ephemera?  (Read 5424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007 09:57:30 AM »

Now to find time to drive to Cali to swipe it, hmmm..... muhahahaahaa!

Good luck! Be sure to bring several strong men and a big truck. It weighs several hundred pounds (for me alone, it's actually immovable).

Oh, yeah -- and you'll also have to fight me for it! Wink

Glad everyone likes it so much -- I stumbled upon it accidentally on craigslist a couple of years ago. I was initially drawn to it because all of the handles say "Tubbs Mfg Co. Ludington MI" on them. When I was growing up, my grandma lived in Ludington and I have lots of fond memories of it.

When I first saw it, I really loved it, but I felt like it might be "impractical" (using space where we could probably have something like a hutch for bigger storage). But my wonderful boyfriend surprised me and bought it for me after I gave up on it...aww.

At any rate (sorry to go into SappyLand, there), as it turns out, it's been very practical. I'm always amazed at how many things fit very well in shallow drawers. Stationery, office supplies, paper, and, of course... ephemera. It's nice because everything is basically one layer, so you can see everything in each drawer pretty easily.

I use this type of envelope for holding paper -- I organize by color or subject and label that tab, then lay several of the envelopes flat in a drawer (to a max height of 1.625 inches, of course.) Yesterday, I found these great divided boxes that fit in the drawers exactly. I was so excited! Perfect for hoo-has and doo-dads. (Doesn't take much to excite me, I guess.)

So keep your eyes open when antique-ing or poking around on craigslist -- you might find a behemoth like this to store your flat stuff in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007 10:03:07 AM »

Perfect for hoo-has and doo-dads.

You know, I have the perfect place for my hoo-has, it's my doo-dads I can't find room for! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raina.storms
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007 11:13:35 AM »

My grandmother did too. She couldn't bring herself to say boobs/breast but then she had no problem with the word twat. Geeez Roll Eyes

First time I've seen THAT word in a looong while! Cheesy  And hoo-has is funny. I like breasticles SO much. I thank craftsters for a new name for the girls! It's kinda crafty to make new words, yes?

I store my ephemera in multiple places/folders, but it isn't organized.... yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007 11:20:51 AM »

I have new paper rack thing that has like 17 shelves or something. At first I tried sorting my paper by color, but I have so many that are multiple colors, that I got confused.

I decided to go with warm colors & cool colors instead and use the rest of the shelves for my books, scrap, rub-ons, images, stickers, card stock, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007 03:57:46 PM »

Wow! Thanks you all so much for sharing your tips and tricks! I have lots of good ideas, now.

I'd love one of those typesetter's cabinets (wow!), but until I have money/space for more furniture, I think I'll stick with clear plastic envelopes. Smiley

I have new paper rack thing that has like 17 shelves or something. At first I tried sorting my paper by color, but I have so many that are multiple colors, that I got confused.

I decided to go with warm colors & cool colors instead and use the rest of the shelves for my books, scrap, rub-ons, images, stickers, card stock, etc.
I like that idea for sorting!

My grandmother did too. She couldn't bring herself to say boobs/breast but then she had no problem with the word twat. Geeez Roll Eyes

First time I've seen THAT word in a looong while! Cheesy  And hoo-has is funny. I like breasticles SO much. I thank craftsters for a new name for the girls! It's kinda crafty to make new words, yes?

I store my ephemera in multiple places/folders, but it isn't organized.... yet.
That's so funny! I had a weird health teacher in high school. If he wasn't using the technical anatomical terms he'd make up his own terms - usually just random syllables. So he'd end up saying things like, "So he puts his Ah-hoo-hoo in her Ah-ha-ha, nine months later, ya got a baby!"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007 04:00:13 PM by Dorkariffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007 04:07:50 PM »

I have new paper rack thing that has like 17 shelves or something.

Do you have a pic A-Roze?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007 07:17:20 PM »

Its really messy right now...I don't have all the shelves in that come with it.

No where near as cool as Kaesea's...just functional.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Kaos

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007 07:18:21 PM »

Oooooooooo! I like that!

Thanks for posting a pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2007 07:25:19 PM »

Oooooooooo! I like that!

Thanks for posting a pic!

You're welcome. It was my birthday present from the hubby. I've seen them at Hobby Lobby but he got it on eBay. The list price is like $45 or so, but if you have one of those awesome 40% coupons for HL, its a score. A pain in the bum to assemble, but a score.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaos

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2007 07:26:53 PM »

The list price is like $45 or so, but if you have one of those awesome 40% coupons for HL, its a score.

We no have Hobby Lobby in Canada Sad Maybe I can figure out something similar tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blondies: White Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Pumpkin Spiced Latte Cupcakes Recipe
Caramel Apple Baked Donuts?
Impress Her with This Amazing Dessert Panino
How To Make Healthy Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars For Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...