A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do you organize your ephemera?  (Read 4663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007 08:47:47 PM »

**does the Kaos fainting thing**

I find it amusing that I'm known for falling down (laughing, fainting or dying) and blushing!  Grin

EDIT: Oh and pushing people into swaps Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2007 04:37:09 AM »

**does the Kaos fainting thing**

I find it amusing that I'm known for falling down (laughing, fainting or dying) and blushing!  Grin

EDIT: Oh and pushing people into swaps Grin

We find you amusing too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2007 04:54:38 AM »

You are a lucky girl, Kaesea. My mom collected big pieces of antique furniture, but nothing like that!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
Sindy
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007 05:24:08 AM »

kaesea, that's gorgeous! 

Tee, that's what I want next Christmas!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
have2craft
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007 06:06:12 AM »

Oh wow!  That piece is gorgeous, Kaesea!

My things are so unorganized since we moved here.  I just haven't been able to set up in a way that I groove. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Dee~
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007 06:46:10 AM »

It lives in our dining room and is full of papers, ephemera, tools, stamps, ink pads, maps, you name it. If it's under 1.625 inches thick, in it goes! (I'm always bummed when something is just wee bit too thick to put in there, I must admit).

That is so awesome that if something were over 1.625 inches thick, I'd throw it away rather than store it somewhere else!!!

Note to self:  find typesetter's cabinent thingy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007 07:05:58 AM »

Oh good, that awesome piece of furniture will have everyone forgetting about my little ATC storage thingy!  Good job, Kaesea.  Now to find time to drive to Cali to swipe it, hmmm..... muhahahaahaa!

My storage system is pretty simple.  I only have my kitchen table and buffet for crafting (having babies, they stole my office space!), so I took all my china and vases and such out of the drawers there, and moved it to the living room dresser (since it isn't stuff I use everyday).  I have one of the drawers for chargers and placemats, and the other 5 store my VI(P) crafting supplies.  One for paper; big stuff in one stack, and 8.5" and smaller is in large ziploc bags, ordered by color.  Tiny scraps go into a bucket (one of those clear 2-gallon ice cream tubs!).  For my pictures and clippings and things, I use the 9-pocket holders in a binder (that most people use for their ATC storage).  I put anything small enough in there.  I've tried to quit searching magazines for images, since that can pile up QUICKLY, and if my stash gets too big or messy, I'd rather just draw the image than spend my whole crafting time trying to find stuff for it.
I have an index card box for all my blanks and playing cards, sorted by type. It also holds my pre-printed backs (with my contact info) and address labels and stamps.  I have 2 open-topped caddies with handles on them; one that hold my everyday supplies, scissors, glues, basic colored inkpads, holepunch, modpodge, glitter glue, etc.    The other holds 3 little ATC sized boxes, with cards that I'm still working on, waiting for trades, or just recieved, and my ABC stamp sets. It also holds acrylic paints and brushes and a little palette.

I also have all my colored pencils, markers, calligraphy pens, sharpies, etc, sorted in empty formula cans (they are plain silver cardboard, and about the size of a 28oz can.  I know you are supposed to store them horizontally, but there isn't a space to do so!

The rest of my stuff got banished outside to the garage, so I pull them when needed.  I got about 10 clear plastic boxes (shoe box size) and divided everything into those.  One has metal bits and embellishments, one has ribbon and fiber pieces, one big one for rubber stamps, etc. etc.  The garage door is only about 15 feet from my table though, so it's not too bad.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007 09:14:43 AM »

kaesea, that's gorgeous! 

Tee, that's what I want next Christmas!!!!

I'll tell Santa  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
xamonster

"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007 09:35:21 AM »

It's got 60 drawers and it's about 100 years old. It was used by typesetters in its former life and it somehow it made its way to California from Michigan (like me, although it's been here far longer). I luuuv it! (in case you couldn't tell)

I work for a newspaper, and we have a huge one of those in our back office. It still has little bits and bobs in it, too. (Just visiting, by the way. I don't do ATCs ... yet. I'm just always curious about organization techniques that others come up with.

I really like the piece you have, kaesea, and wish I could keep the one we have here at work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I brought you flours."

Check out my blog and my wist!
Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007 09:44:31 AM »

Just visiting, by the way. I don't do ATCs ... yet.

Oh, you HAVE to start! They're amazing! *push* Join us!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Balachaung
Asian Spare Ribs with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Tiger Roll Recipe
California Roll Recipe
Tuna Roll Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...