A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Rainbow Book/Craft Swap Gallery  (Read 12292 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ghostgirl
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007 06:16:52 PM »

OMG, meridithy- fabulous bag! did you sew that?

(oops- I thought kantha had made it at first!)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007 07:03:20 AM by ghostgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kantha_stich
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007 06:19:00 PM »

Huh?  Luna hasn't posted a pic of the bag I sewed...though, Ihope my bag gets the same reaction!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?".

Wist this way!.
aeronberry

mmm...fishy kisses....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007 10:24:22 AM »

meredithy - thanks for posting pics of the bag you sent!  it's really pretty, and i love how the lining matches the compass design!

thanks again!,
aeronberry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edafedd - amigurumi patterns!
norea - jewelry, handbags, etc!
shop the swap!
sweetestangel
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007 04:56:29 PM »

Wooooohoooo!  I got my package today!!!! ghostgirl so totally rocks!!! I love my stuff, though I had quite a scare. The box was crushed and wet.  I was very very scared for the contents, but no fear!  Everything was gorgeous and intact. I promise a picture obese post right after dinner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do some people think being a parent is only something to do when it is convenient for you?
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007 11:41:11 PM »

I received my package today from Bedcadet and I seriously love it.  She sent The Kite Runner, which I actually haven't read (seems like I'm the only one) and some wonderful crafts.  I decided to go with scans to get better detail, but the scanner can be temperamental about scanning straight, so apologies in advance for any wonkiness. 

First up, a great bookmark:

It's part painting, part paper collage and will do a much better job than the tissues or cough drop wrappers I usually use to mark my place.

Next is a little paper collaged Moleskine booklet with graph paper (my favorite) inside. 

I don't know what to use it for, it's just so pretty I don't want to waste it on shopping lists or anything like that.  I'll come up with something, though. 

And lastly is my very favorite part, a little (maybe 6x10ish?) painting/collage Bedcadet did incorporating my favorite saying from one of my very favorite books, Walk Two Moons. 

I used to keep this saying on a little card by my front door during a really rough time, so this is very special to me and I really appreciate Bedcadet's thoughtfulness.   

Thank you so much, Bedcadet!  This has been so fun and I've seeing the other packages so far. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetestangel
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2007 08:10:16 AM »

Ok, Here is the image feast I promised!

This is one of the crushed corners. THe rest was just as squashed, but all the pics I have include addresses and I dunno how to blur them out.  I was very upset especialy because it was clearly marked fragile.

Here are all my helpers trying to see what they can abscond with.  The box was filled with pretty tissue paper that protected everything with the help of bubble wrap.

The book was ... Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I have been wanting and wanting to buy this book  and school books and kids books had kept me from getting it yet.

Here is the glory of my package an illustration by ghostgirl, that is just beautiful.  I am trying to figure out where to put it.  In the corner it says remember your heart's desire, I couldn't get it to come out well in a picture. My oldest wants to steal it for her room, but that is not happening! 

Close up of detail.

Here is an illustrated bookmark.  The paper behind it is an article of short scifi stories.  The bookmark is from the story Neil Gaiman.  Very cool!

She also included 4 CROQ 'zines.  They are very interesting, I finished reading them yesterday afternoon. 

And the whole enchilada!

Spoiled, I was very spoiled. THANK YOU GHOSTGIRL!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do some people think being a parent is only something to do when it is convenient for you?
MissNewEngland
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2007 08:50:56 AM »

Wow, what medium is that illustration done in?  IT's very very nice! 
What a package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for Personal Swaps!

http://www.TTRstudio.etsy.com
Cherith

...some secrets are better left undiscovered...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2007 09:31:07 AM »

I was notified yesterday that Morbid got her package, so I wanted to post pictures of what I sent her.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiveJournal DeviantArt
The Church of Craft for Kansas City!
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."  ~Aristotle
jesseeyore
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2007 10:07:06 AM »

Here's what I got from MsMia- I promised I would post what she sent. I was sooo excited I had to pose with my favorite things. She made me an awesome scarf (it matches what I'm wearing today, totally not planned!) and a purple stuffed buddy. Shoulda seen me when I pulled him out of the box- I literally rolled around hugging it and laughing.

And here's everything else. I can't get the hang of my camera so sorry for the blurriness.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feedback makes me happy

http://www.wists.com/jesseeyore
Lunabella
Lunabella

oogie boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2007 03:30:18 PM »

Holy Moly!! I realized that although I have recieved, sent(late) and already brokeninmy book, bookmark and craft, I haven't let you guys know about it!! Unfortunately I wont be able to get photos up until later tonight, but I love my stuff! I got a fabulous book: Three Junes, a fabulous stitched bookmark and an awesome... again, AWESOME!, bag. I love it! Just my style too. Feeling kinda silly cause I also sent a bag. But Kantha has awesome skill. Hopefully someday I can bang out something as great.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can not pause without thinking

www.wists.com/Lunabella

www.myspace.com/lunabella
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Curried Shrimp and Cauliflower
How to Make a Red-Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Non-Traditional Asian Brined Turkey Recipe
Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...