A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Springtime on Discworld Swap (Signups closed; Sendouts 3/22)  (Read 6162 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2007 01:32:02 AM »

Swap name: Springtime on Discworld
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: esmerelda
Sign-up date range: 2/06 - 2/17
Date to send item by: 3/22

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Niet!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

All ages allowed? Or 18+? Open to all, but if you are under 18 please check with your parents/guardian that you can give out your address, and be sure that you have sufficient funds and access to a post office.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:

"Springtime, for Discworld, and Naa-anny!"

Yes, it's that time of year again, when no crystal glass is safe, and you'd best guard your goats if you don't want to be drinking yoghurt for the foreseeable future.  The dark and gloom of Hogswatch, Ick and Offle are behind us, and Nanny is about to take her bath off its nail and tune up her banjo.  So, if you fancy gathering nuts in May, or a good slice of carrot and oyster pie ("carrots so you can see in the dark, and oysters so's you've got something to look at"), come and join the Springtime on Discworld swap!

Discussion thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117961.40

SWAP RULES

We will be swapping a minimum of 1 med and 2 small crafted items.  However, I want to encourage good communication from the off (hence why I shall be posting a very limited questionnaire), so please discuss this with you swap partner. 

Feedback shall be given as follows:

Positive - Great communication, sent early/on time, made a good package

Positive - Sent late but good communication, good package, partner happy

Positive - Sent late with poor/no communication, good package, partner happy

Positive - Sent on time but did not fulfill the minimum requirements of the swap package

Negative - Major flaker

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

Favourite book:
Favourite character:
Favourite colours:
Is there anything you would really NOT like to receive?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND ALSO MAKE YOUR MARK ON THIS HERE THREAD PAGE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

Sent
Received
Sent & Received
Feedback Left
PM me ASAP

millik & esmerelda
swaantje & phantomssiren
serialcrafter & Conley
ananke & vegbee
PinFish & sodalicious
taerowyn & bookstorebabe
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007 12:40:47 AM by esmerelda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007 02:29:53 AM »

Join or not Join?
I would love to, the last one was so much fun, but I dunno if I have the time...

btw. just read wintersmith in one day! Great book  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
PinFish
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007 04:40:48 AM »

ok ok ok. I'm in. Thought I would be too tight moneywise to play, but happened upon a windfall, so I'm joining- this is the THIRD Discworld swap I've wanted in on, and dernit I'm joining this time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007 05:42:19 AM »

I'm in and signed up. This will be Discworld Swap #4 for me! Grin I'm an addict... or because its Discworld would that make me a addisct?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
taerowyn

Let's hope we're worth it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007 06:21:45 AM »

I'm in.  Reading the discussion thread got Discworld on my brain so when I finished my most recent book, I turned to Discworld.  Realized I have a few that I've only read once (the horror!  Cheesy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
esmerelda

And pli, revel, chanter, boogeh...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007 06:27:26 AM »

Realized I have a few that I've only read once (the horror!  Cheesy).

Actually, I don't think I can let you join now, that's just a shameful admission, missy.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taerowyn

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007 06:34:47 AM »

They're the newer ones if that gives me some leeway   Embarrassed  I think it's just Monstrous Regiment (re-started this morning), Thud, and Going Postal. And, I'll admit, I'll probably get through all of them in the next two weeks so I'll have totally rectified the situation by the time sign-ups end anyway  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

I am de-stashing a *ridiculous* amount of stamping supplies (mostly Stampin' Up)...PM if you're interested in purchasing or swapping for them
PinFish
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007 07:07:23 AM »

I don't blame you for only reading Monstrous Regiment once. Definitely not one of my favorites. Thud, however, is unforgivable. However- Esmerelda's gonna kill me- I have never once made it all the way through Lords and Ladies.

I'm sorry! I'll try again! Put down the poker! Aagggghh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taerowyn

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007 07:15:28 AM »

Thud, however, is unforgivable.

I know, I know...especially as Vimes is my fav. Part of the problem is I'm on a "read all the UNread books on my shelves" kick, so I've being trying to cut down on my re-reading for a bit. Add to that, I only own the newer ones in hardback (i.e. not able to fit in half my purses since I always carry a book with me to read at any spare moment--on the T, waiting in line, etc.) and I'm just more likely to pick up the paperbacks of Jingo or Night Watch or the like to carry with me.

I have at least read all of them all the way through (except Wintersmith, which I have a hold request in with the library...and the reason I haven't bought it yet is a long story about new year's resolutions, book reading/buying and the aforementioned goal of getting through the unread books I already own, so please don't kick me out for this admission either  Tongue).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty McWist

PinFish
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007 07:50:04 AM »

I have at least read all of them all the way through (except Wintersmith, which I have a hold request in with the library...and the reason I haven't bought it yet is a long story about new year's resolutions, book reading/buying and the aforementioned goal of getting through the unread books I already own, so please don't kick me out for this admission either  Tongue).

Yeah, you've got me beat there. Though L&L is the only one I can't seem to get through. Previously I hadn't made it through The Fifth Elephant, but I read that last year- can't for the life of me figure out WHY I couldn't finish it, it's fantastic!
Next chance I get I'll try L&L again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Glass Blowing Jobs
How to Rent a Glass Blowing Studio
Introduction to Glass Blowing
Is Home Glass Blowing Possible
Is Glass Blowing School Necessary to Learn Glass Blowing Art
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...