A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wine journal  (Read 3991 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

k8thagr8
« on: February 04, 2007 08:44:11 PM »

here's another snappy little journal i decided to make.  this one's for the bf's mom and dad for christmas.  i finally finished it a couple weeks ago and shipped this sucker off to 'em.  they're wine buffs, so i figured a wine journal would be perfect for them.  on the left page, they are to paste the label from the bottle of wine they drank, then on the right, write about the wine.  what they had for dinner, likes and dislikes, and who they drank it with.  i'd love one for myself, but i'm afraid mine would be pretty blank except for the date and what i thought of it.  heh. 

i used a thicker textured paper similar to water color paper, but not as thick for the pages.  bought some scrapbooking paper for the covers.  had bought stamps for the images, used those little eyelet grommet thing-a-ma-bobs and used the back of a pad of paper i use at work for the little bacckings on the cover.  here's the goods:

the front cover:

closeup of the front cover:

another closeup of the front cover:

yet another closeup of the front cover (can ya tell i dig the front cover??):

the back cover:

the right page (every set of pages were the same):

the left page:

hope you enjoy.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
silverlining86

*Road Trip Junkie*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007 08:05:56 AM »

Wow this is pretty. I love it! Great job. I've been wanting to learn how to do this sort of binding for a long time but I don't have the time or the patience to teach myself right now. Hopefully soon I'll sit down and work on it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007 08:35:53 AM »

thanks!!  Cheesy

ya know, i looked around on the internet for instructions on binding, but had already punched the holes and only punched three instead of four holes.  soooooooooo, i just went in through one and out through another until i had covered all the bases.  i'm sure i totally goofed it and could have done a better job, but it worked out overall.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
funkyjunkdesigns
Private Jewelry Making Classes Available-Chain & Maille A Specialty

this is made from a bicycle innertube!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007 08:44:12 AM »

beautiful.  i used to make books, and might have to get back into it after seeing so many great ones.

when i read your first sentence, i was jealous that you were so far ahed at making this year's christmas gifts.  glad to see it was LAST christmas...i don't feel so bad that i'm still working on a gift!!!

fjd
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recently Retired Items are now Jewelry...We Support Various Charities!
http://recentlyre-tired.blogspot.com/
k8thagr8
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007 11:21:52 PM »

ooh do you have any pictures of your books?  i am really in love with handmade books. 

ahahaha yeah.  i wish i was that far ahead for presents.  with a full time work and school schedule AND a full time boyfriend schedule, i barely have time to sleep these days. 

thanks for the kind words.  coming from someone who is a pro at making books, it's a compliment i'll gladly take.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
mochiko

friendly, absentminded daydreamer ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007 05:15:11 PM »

Wow, your wine journal is fantastic!! What a thoughtful and amazingly beautiful gift!! I actually like how the binding ended up looking like with the 4 holes Smiley By the way, I love that font on your scrapbook pages. Do you happen to know what font that is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007 11:56:13 PM »

thanks mochiko!  i forgot to mention that i also etched three sets of wine glasses with some etching creme and wrapped a gluestick with the same scrapbooking paper so it matched.  we threw a bottle of wine in the box, too.  i know they appreciated the entire package.  :heaven:

ha...the font is my right hand.  i handwrote each and every stinkin' page.  i thought it would add a personal touch to it.  Smiley  call me crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
mochiko

friendly, absentminded daydreamer ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007 07:42:02 PM »

seriously, you ARE crazy  Grin crazy talented and thoughtful!! wow, how many sheets did you handwrite? i'm envious of your handwriting  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007 05:11:43 PM »

hmm...good question.  i think at one point i knew how many pages i'd done, but i've since forgotten.  i believe it's between 15 and 20.  thanks!!  i'm kinda partial to my handwriting.  Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
reese52
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007 01:30:03 PM »

Great journal.  I love the fact that you had a spot for the label of the wine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Eggplant Raita
How to Make Raita
How to Make Plain Raita
Fry Your Paratha
Presenting the Paratha
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...