A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,649
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: reasons journal  (Read 5175 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

k8thagr8
« on: February 04, 2007 08:23:40 PM »

hey y'all!  i made this journal back in september for my boyfriend for our one-year anniversary.  i wanted to make him something unique and thought of a little journal filled with  bunch of reasons why i loved him might fit the bill.  originally, i was hoping to come up with 365 reasons - one for every day of the year since we decided to make the jump into relationship status.  unfortunately, i learned there aren't 365 reasons i love ANYTHING!    i DID, however, come up with 179 reasons.  our anniversary was to be simple: a bonfire at the beach and just hang out and watch the sunset.  and, thankfully, that's just what it was.  the night before, however, he was feeling sick and i still hadn't started this thing, even though i had all the reasons in mind and the basic idea in mind.  while he was lying in bed milking this *thing* he had caught, i was a busy bee making this journal.  anyway, i'll shut up now and show you how it turned out.

the cover:

closeup of the cover (i had short hair at the time and always wear tank tops, skirts, and flip flops in the summer since we live at the beach in southern california):

the spine:

the back cover (if you mouth the words "elephant shoes" it is similiar to mouthing "olive juice" and looks like you're saying "i love you" to someone.  we do elephant shoes and i decided if i ever do get my own business running, that's what i'll name it.  also, our anniversary is 09-28-2006.):

top view:

cool picture of the spine and back cover:

i used water color sheets and cut them down to size and decided i wouldn't use that again - it was too thick.  i drew the girl with a sharpie and used water color pencils to color in the balloon.  on the inside (i couldn't post those pics because that stuff's too personal.  Wink) i used a sharpie again for each of the reasons, but bought a set of stamps and stamped each number before the reason.  i used red raffia and a knitting tapestry needle for the spine.

he LOVES it!!  and so do i.  hope you do, too!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007 08:44:53 PM by k8thagr8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007 09:00:12 PM »

that's really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007 10:26:26 PM »

thanks, miss. bean. i'm pretty partial to it myself!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
SarahPiiSan
I never stopped loving you, I just stopped showing it.

I r paper sand cookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008 08:46:11 AM »

Did you use cardboard for the cover Smiley?
Because it seems thick but bendable and I am wanting to try something similiar Grin
Sorry for being a bit topic bumping btw Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008 09:39:40 AM »

hey sarah!  thanks for the bump.  Smiley  i thought this thread was buried forever.   Cry

i used a pretty thick cardboard for the covers.  they're really not flexible at all.  i mean, obviously you could bend 'em if you really tried, but they're pretty thick.  i get a lot of notepads from vendors through my work and i always save the backs of the notepads for stuff like this.  i made a wine journal (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150461.msg1491033#msg1491033) for the bf's parents a christmas or so ago and actually used the backs of one of the pads but doubled 'em up for extra sturdiness.  i think the one i used for this one was the back of a spiral notebook for school.

i hope you make one and would love to see it!!  Cheesy  thanks again for the bump.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
SarahPiiSan
I never stopped loving you, I just stopped showing it.

I r paper sand cookie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008 11:02:12 AM »

I will definatly show it when it's done Cheesy
I love yours, it's so sweet Smiley
Also, thanks so much for telling me what you used for the cover Smiley
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008 11:02:59 AM by SarahPiiSan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bespectacled
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008 08:01:48 PM »

This is adorable! I totally wanna go around and say elephant shoes to people now Grin
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
k8thagr8
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008 09:00:01 AM »

you're very welcome sarah and thank you for the kind words.  Smiley  i can't wait to see yours.

thanks bespectacled!  do it, it's addicting.  ha!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Raw Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Magnolia Bakery Strikes Balance Between Sweet and Smart
Healthier Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
Chef Graham’s Apple Tart Recipe
How to Make Funnel Cake Hot Dogs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...