A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: amazing...my first time using freezer paper and I love it! [TUTORIAL ADDED!!!]  (Read 96676 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , stencil , freezer_paper  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lil_lisa
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2005 02:50:43 PM »

Oh my god! I love Good Charlotte!  I was wondering if you could tell me where u got that pic, so i could make a stencil for myself.  Thanx a bunch if you can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Lisa

My Etsy
angelbabe
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2005 11:16:31 PM »

helo.. can u guys tell me what brand of freezer paper u use?  thanks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
t0xicity
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2005 10:38:16 AM »

To answer the last 3 questions:
Yes, you would print on the paperey side.

And I use Reynold's freezer paper and it works swell.  I've never tried any other kind.

Happy stenciling Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
t0xicity
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2005 10:38:49 AM »

Sorry, stupid photobucket resized the image  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lizzi42

~It's all gravy~

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2005 04:12:56 PM »

i abslutely love the war shirt. Can you post the stencil for that one? And one other thing, how did you manage to get the red bahind the lettering? Did you free hand that part ? or did you just do one stencil with the red parts, and then went back over it with the black lettering of the stencil once it dried? I'm knew at the stencil thing and I'm SO excited to try it out, I think I want this one to be my first, but that part is confusing me. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds. " ~Bob Marley
guinness guzzler
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2005 06:48:59 AM »

For UK crafters deprived of freezer paper (I've looked everywhere- we just do not have it in the british isles) you can use sticky back plastic in the printer, i did this the other day to make my mr darcy t-shirt (in anticipation of the new film)
I bought my sticky back plastic from wh smith (1/2 price 74p) found my pic of mr d, cut the plastic to printer size A4 and rolled it about a good deal to make it not quite so curly up then feed into the printer paper side up (if my memory serves correctly) and print your picture. When you cut it out do the corners really well or it tends to stretch if you try and pull it then peel off and stick on whatever you're stencilling. you get no bleeding at all if you put the stencil down carefully.
so do not despair if you can't pop to walmart, although i'd like to- all this cheap fabric everyone finds sounds great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghetoburdgurl

there's a world outside of you...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2005 05:20:15 AM »

not sure if this thread's still going... but my question as far as the freezer paper goes... once you've used it as a stencil, it's not renewable, right? as in, i couldn't print one shirt, then take the freezer paper off and iron it on to another shirt and use it again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"what if you killed yourself with your own rainbow?"http://www.livejournal.com/users/xallxsewnxupx/
Zombie_Teeth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bike Punk

X VEGAN X

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2005 05:45:36 AM »

not sure if this thread's still going... but my question as far as the freezer paper goes... once you've used it as a stencil, it's not renewable, right? as in, i couldn't print one shirt, then take the freezer paper off and iron it on to another shirt and use it again?

You could try. If it sticks, hey why not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey guys,
Sorry about all the old broken picture posts. I no longer have the files!

mmd32
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2005 09:57:03 PM »

I know it can be reused as a pattern. A lot of people I know use those European pattern mags that need tracing, so they trace onto freezer paper, cut it out, and then iron onto the fabric for cutting. They say it works great, cause it doesn't shift while cutting, and that they can use it over and over again with no probs. So I would imagine it would be the same as a stencil!

Murali
THIS ROCKS   Logged

echoglow
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2005 05:15:50 PM »

i finally got all the stuff to try this out!  yay!
and if someone still can't find freezer paper (because no wal-marts or grocery stores had it around here) i found mine at hobby lobby.  i saw later the same day that micheal's had it too.  so you might want to ask someone at a craft store if they have it too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Athletic Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Flat-Chested Women
How to Shop for a Swimsuit
How to Choose a Tankini
How to Choose the Correct Swimsuit Size
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...