A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: amazing...my first time using freezer paper and I love it! [TUTORIAL ADDED!!!]  (Read 96218 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , stencil , freezer_paper  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2004 10:50:02 AM »

Thanks- i guess i'll just stop being cheap and buy some freezer paper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
t0xicity
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2004 01:08:10 PM »

Haha I think freezer costs about the same as wax paper, if not...it's still pretty cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2004 08:42:05 AM »

you know what, I went to walmart for freezer paper and they had no idea what to give me. "Wax paper?" "No, it's called freezer paper, its only waxy on one side." "No, you see, wax paper has wax on TWO sides..." "I know, thats why I want the freezer paper!" "....We have freezer bags..."  Angry
I can't believe them. But I think today I'll try a regular grocery store.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
mayerlove
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2004 03:52:04 PM »

Ha ha, thats really funny! i think i'll try to go to a regular store then, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
t0xicity
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2004 04:17:47 PM »

HAHA!  I probably should've said that they don't have freezer paper at Walmart...I tried my Walmart and they didn't have it, either.

GO TO THE GROCERY STORE FOR FREEZER PAPER!

There, I said it haha.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmykat
get out of my trash.

take it easy, your wired to detonate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2004 04:42:27 PM »

you did such a pretty job! and i really like the war shirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

im going to live forever or die trying.
PinkSatin
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2004 08:24:50 AM »

Ooh Ooh I have a question! Does the stencil paper go ON TOP of the wax paper or UNDER the wax paper before cutting the stencil out? And how do you keep the two together? Doesn't the freezer paper and stencil kinda shift when you use the exacto knife to cut the stencil out? I think this is my biggest problem to date. I hate when stencils are all complicated and not just one simple shape, its gets so frustrating when they move around Huh  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
t0xicity
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2004 04:10:51 PM »

Ooh Ooh I have a question! Does the stencil paper go ON TOP of the wax paper or UNDER the wax paper before cutting the stencil out? And how do you keep the two together? Doesn't the freezer paper and stencil kinda shift when you use the exacto knife to cut the stencil out? I think this is my biggest problem to date. I hate when stencils are all complicated and not just one simple shape, its gets so frustrating when they move around Huh  Cry

You put the stencil ON TOP of the freezer paper, and tape it on so it doesn't shift.   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2004 05:19:14 PM »

FWIW, my local Wal-Mart does carry freezer paper, although they have only one kind.  Reynolds Freezer Paper in a 150 sq. feet roll.  It costs $5.04 here, but W-M prices can vary by location.

I'm looking foward to trying this idea out.  Even if it turns out I don't like stenciling with the freezer paper, the box lists other craft uses, and there's always freezing stuff in it, I guess.

Suzanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2004 08:09:16 AM »

I know it's a bit old, but I thought I'd toss in my two cents:

I make all my stencils with freezer paper. However, I'm always worried that the print-out will move (or that I just won't be able to get fine lines while cutting through 2 pieces of paper), so I use a trick from art class:

Take your print-out or drawing. Flip it over. Scribble all over the back with a pencil. (Not really the whole back- just the part where the design is.) Flip it over and tape it pencil-scribble-side-down on the freezer paper. Trace over the design with a ball-point pen. (Anything a bit pointy, really- I've even used a chopstick.) This will push the pencil graphite onto the freezer paper. Remove the print-out and cut out your design.

I find this helps a lot if you do small, intricate designs, like lettering. It also means that if you mess up (your knife slips, you want to change the design, etc.) that you haven't ruined your print-out (or original drawing, which is much worse), and that you can erase on the freezer paper if you need to change something.

I believe you can do this with contact paper (rather than freezer paper), too. I used it in art class for glass etching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Final Cut Transitions in Final Cut Pro Tutorial
Above and Below the Line Budgeting
Pulling Focus in Filmmaking
Learn About the Dutch Tilt in Film Making
The Difference Between High and Low Key Lighting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...