A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circles . Ragging Off . Faux Beadboard - Computer Room MakeOver  (Read 19680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Punk Roctopus

Dork In Progress...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007 06:32:45 PM »

can i please live in there with your dog. it's awesome! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007 07:51:57 PM »

can i please live in there with your dog. it's awesome! Grin

Thanks, but I actually have to kick out the dog in a few months.   His beloved swoopy chair will soon be replaced with a crib.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melissa!
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2007 12:34:07 AM »

wow. your room is so completely awesome, I absolutely love the polka dots. I just finished polka dotting my own room today, but I definitely like yours better. just, Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I hope we're still friends after I taser you." VM

http://www.wists.com/melishka
genuine
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007 11:50:16 AM »

I love the kitschy touches
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missjesswinkwink
'Ginger did everything Fred did; only she did it backwards and in high heels'

Howdy!

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007 11:15:17 AM »

Bowing down to the DIY Craft Goddess that is.. YOU.  Your room is amazing, I love the lighting in the first pic (I just picked up one of those cool star lamps myself), and just how the colors work together.  I love the fact that everything in your room is thrifted, bargained for or handmade... you  are awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.rockinbclothing.com
------------------
www.rockinbdesign.blogspot.com
------------------
Night Train Swing Dance Club!
www.swingpurdue.org
------------------
habitat-lady
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007 01:39:05 PM »

First off - Congrats on the crib situation. 

What a great room.  I used the links and saw what you have done to your house.  You are truly gifted.

I can't wait to see what you do for the baby room. 

If you run out of rooms, come on over - i need a fresh idea or two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

i crafted a kid

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007 02:19:02 PM »

Thanks so much everyone.  We are in the process of revamping this room right now.  The walls and rug will stay the same, but just about everything else will change.

My husband is building a custom computer desk in the closet.  Unfortunately, the computer must stay in this room, but it's not very baby-friendly ... so we'll hide it in the closet. It should be completed soon.  I'll post updated pics as soon as it's finished.

The furniture will be sanded and painted within the next few weeks.  The baby is not due until January, but we want to get the major work done before we go back to school in September.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

i crafted a kid

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007 02:43:08 PM »

The Computer Closet is done.  Check it out!

More pictures here.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=188161.msg1973226#msg1973226
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007 02:45:11 PM by CraftyCarrie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetbunnabunny
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008 07:05:47 PM »

I LOOOOOVE the swoopy chair!!!  Great room!

-Bunny
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Assanya
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011 02:22:24 AM »

Faux Beadboard techniques:
Traditional beadboard installed very similar to the panels. It is then usually painted for a finished look. You can simulate the look of beadboard throughout the home without the hassle or headache of installation. Instead you can use creative techniques such as painting or wallpapering to simulate the warm look of beadboard.
Options
You can create the look of beadboard with a little paint, a squeegee, masking tape and a steady hand. For this project, for most of the supplies at your local home improvement or hardware store. Plan accordingly and buy enough paint to cover your project. You will want to buy a paint with a satin finish in your choice of colors. White is very popular to use when painting the beadboard. Start recording all areas that do not want to paint. This includes moldings, ceiling and floor if necessary. Cover any other exposed surfaces with newspaper to prevent spills and stains of paint.
Apply a base coat of paint to the wall or other surface with a brush or roller. While the base coat is still wet, apply the top coat. You will have to work quickly in the next step before the paint dries.
Slots cut into the squeegee with a knife that mimic the look of beadboard. Apply the spatula on the painting on the wall or other surface and create the beadboard design, running up and down the wall or surface in a straight line, while the paint is still wet. This will create the effect of line on the surface. Continue in this manner until you reach a corner. If the width of the squeegee will not work in the corner, to repaint the area and work backwards to accommodate the design. It may be useful to have a helper with this project, a person can paint and the other standards can be manipulative.
Another alternative to create a false image is the use of beadboard wallpaper design already printed on the wallpaper. Look for special papers like this online or through your local home improvement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making a Mural with Michelle Ortiz
Meet Young Manga Artist Lilly Cernak
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Meet Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...