A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dr. Seuss and Horror Barrettes  (Read 4121 times)
Tags for this thread: dr_seuss , doctor_seuss  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

japaya
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007 03:19:22 AM »

well, first of all i love your barretes! Second: i think beyond laws and rules exist common sense. Disney is the thiever n 1!!! they stole and stole from japanese pictures and so many other places. I,m not saying that is allright to do it, but Disney owns an army of lawyers and common people dont, so Disney can stole and common people cant, thats all. And know this is what i think: i cant believe that humanity still thinks we are producing original things and art. I think everything is "stolen", i mean inspired in everything, no matter if its other peoples creations or nature. I think the only one with the right of copyright is God. You know, even the greatest painters stole, its said that when Picasso went into the painters room all of them inmediatly hidden theirs paintings because Picasso was searching for "inspiration" everywhere! Maybe im crazy but ive never understand this law-everywhere you look-world, excuse my english its difficult to me to express what i think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can see my gallery here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7201667@N03/
my blog (in spanish):
http://www.japaya.blogspot.com/
DisneyMommyMichelle
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007 11:42:53 AM »

love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dare to Dream!
Check out my stuff!
www.michellescharmworld.com
japaya
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007 02:20:28 AM »

yes i,m with you!! too much hipocresy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can see my gallery here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7201667@N03/
my blog (in spanish):
http://www.japaya.blogspot.com/
christinaX
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007 06:17:16 AM »

If all these companies wanted to go after people over trademarks, then they better start now. It would take too much of their time. I mean, if you think about it, how many things do all us of see on a daily basis that were recycled from something else.  Like a bottlecap, or a postcard, or fabric.  I mean, how many times have you seen a brand name drink or beer bottlecap used and you can see the name of that brand??  I do it.  I buy bottlecaps in bulk that have the names on them because that is part of the charm.  I recycle things.  I figure its better than throwing it in the garbage and mucking up the world even more.  I mean, it's one thing to do something wrong and totally rip someone off, but alot of what I see and do is not even close to that.  I redo the items and put my own stamp on it.  That is what I see alot as well. Plus, I will give credit to that brand name, like say, made with Suess characters or something.  Plus, alot of these brands and characters are burned into our minds, we grew up with them. We cannot help but use our creative minds and hands and put something wonderful together, not usually to make tons of money, but to see what we can do with the characters we grew up with.  I don't know about you, but I made a Cat in the Hat pin, with a cherry crush bottlecap,  it made me feel like a kid again  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KIT-CAT
CATS-PURRFECT

CATS-PURRFECT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007 12:52:39 PM »

Good work on those barrets!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  I LOOOOOVE  the HORROR ones truely. I sell shit on the down low too!! ain't NOOOOBODY going to stop doing that fo nobody!!!!!!!!!!!! every does it!!!!!

You just have to know how to do it with out getting caught!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  TEE-HEE!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Tati Westbrook from GlamLifeGuru
Meet Dermatologist Dr. Ava Shamban
Meet Jordan Reid of Ramshackleglam
Meet Shannon Ray of Gloss and Dirt
Meet Celebrity Makeup Artist Sarah Uslan
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...