A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lisa Frank Swap (Sign-ups CLOSED) (Send outs March 15)  (Read 5592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eenodol
« on: February 03, 2007 08:13:33 PM »

Original idea thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147544.0

Swap name:  Lisa Frank swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  eenodol
EXTENDED Sign-up date range:  February 3rd to February 17
Date to send item by: March 15

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):  No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages, just make sure it's alright with your parents

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Additional Rules (stolen from Miss Violacious;)):
1. If this is your first swap please read: (http://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
2. Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.
3. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  Great Swapper: For those who follow all the rules.
-  Good/poor communication:  Went above and beyond or below and within the call of duty to keep the organizer informed.
-  Sent late/early: Three or more days late or early.
-  No dc number: Failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country.
- Didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
- Didn't send within the guidelines of the swap: Didn't send enough items, sent too many store bought items instead of handcrafted, or clearly didn't put in enough effort. Borderline cases won't get this feedback, so if you look at the other galleries and read the guidelines you'll be fine.
4. Lateness is okay, shit happens, but sending more than a few days late will risk a feedback notation, and not being communicative with myself and your partner will risk a poor communication note.
5. Send unto others as you would have them send unto you. Do some research on your partner. Check post history, signature, and profile links for little details that will help personalize your package. It's like picking out the perfect present for someone, and it's lots of fun!
6. Everyone who is sending a package within the boundaries of their own country is obligated to use a delivery confirmation number. This is for your own protection, and it's Craftster's rule, not mine. If your country makes it prohibitively expensive to use delivery confirmation or tracking, even when sending packages domestically, PM me and get permission not to use it. Otherwise, if you aren't shipping across borders and you don't use one, it will be noted in your feedback. If you are excused from using one, you must save your receipt from the post office.
7. It's a damned good idea to take a picture of your package before you send it.
8. PM me and your partner with your DC number when you send. PM me and your partner when you receive, and thank your partner. Post pictures in the gallery within a reasonable time afterwards.
9. I am a complete and total hardass about posting pictures of what you receive if at all possible. If you don't have a digital camera, you can still join the swap, just make sure your partner knows about the lack of picture taking ability early on, so that they can take all the pictures they want as they go. I've discussed my feelings on the importance of swap package photos here. Swappers who don't post photos and don't sufficiently communicate about not doing so will have that reflected in their feedback.

Details of swap:

Ah, we all know and love Lisa Frank and her whimsical illustrations.  Or maybe you don't know her.  Look here:  http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=%22lisa%20frank%22&btnG=Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Now you love her, right?  Of course you do!  We will be swapping items either inspired by her illustrations or embellished with them. 

The size requirements for your package will be either:
-1 large item and 1 or 2 small items
or
-2 medium items and 1 or 2 small items

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer with "Lisa Frank Swap" as the subject:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

What are your favorite Lisa Frank characters (ballerina bunnies, painting panda, kittens with bubbles.. etc..)?
What crafts do you do? 
What would you like to get in this swap?
Is there anything you definately do not want to receive?
What are your favorite colors?
Any colors you really don't like?
Do you need another trinket box?
Do you wear jewelry?  If so, what kind?
What size t-shirt do you wear?
Do you have any allergies or ethical issues?
Do you have any allergens in your house (smoke, pets)?
Do you have access to a camera in order to post pictures in the gallery?
Do you have a wist?
Do you have a blog?
Do you have an mp3 player, digital camera, or anything else you'd like a cozy for?  What are its dimensions?
Would you prefer not to have Lisa Frank inspired crafts, and just Lisa Frank characters or is either one acceptable?
Any other information for your partner:

Any other information for me (organizer):

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007 09:53:11 AM by eenodol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
eenodol
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007 08:14:26 PM »

sent
received
sent & received
late w/communication
late w/o communication- contact me asap!
means you have feedback

Swappers:

1. eenodol
2. jloveg
3. artemisfair (1st swap)

4. dressedinsun
5. gala_apples
6. gracemusante
7. valsped

Who's sending to who:

eenodol->artemisfair
jloveg
->gala_apples[/color]
artemisfair->eenodol
dressedinsun->jloveg[/color]
]gala_apples[/color]->dressedinsun
gracemusante->valped[/color]
valsped[/color]->gracemusante[/color]

Gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156342.0
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007 10:47:26 AM by eenodol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007 08:26:27 PM »

thinking ...... will it fit  in time....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
eenodol
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007 10:42:44 AM »

Okay, to help encourage people to join us I've compiled all the ideas from the original thread.  See, there's lots of things you can make!   Cheesy

Amigurumis or plushies ,
colorful clunky jewelry or barettes(you could make animal beads or shrinky dinks of something and put them on it),
original art insprired by lisa frank,
 stenciled/decorated shirts,
 you could embroider lisa frank images onto purses or pillows or anything,
a colorful animal mask or hat,
decorated trinket boxes,
clay figurines,
decorated sketchbook/diary,
magnets,
mp3 player cozies/covers,
decorated journals,
school supplies! 
all kinds of stuff!

And here's the general item size breakdown from the Swap Guide:

By Time
-Big=3 or more hours
-Medium=2 or more hours
-Little=2 or less hours

By Size
-Big=A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium= one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small- Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tree27
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007 08:09:03 PM »

I seriously considering this swap....when I was in elementary school I was a member of the Lisa Frank fan club thing where they sent you L.F. stuff in the mail. The cool kids at my school used only Lisa Frank, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007 08:17:15 PM »

LOL Tree   I remember the  day!  LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
trisana21
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007 08:27:59 PM »

I've never signed up for a swap, and I would love for this to be my first; I'm just scared I will do something "wrong". I loved Lisa Frank and am getting all excited at making and receiving LF schtuff.

I may want in, but am going to look at other swap stuff to get an idea of how many things to send/what type of things/etc. I'm still not clear on that even after reading previous posts.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jessie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trisana21
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007 08:44:27 PM »

Hee, just realized I only have, with this post, 13 posts, so I will have to post some more soon before signing up anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007 08:50:59 PM »

jump  in  you will do  fine!   it s  all in fun....

there  are  lots  that  can be  done

most  folks  on here are  very  good  at  saying  what  they like  or  don't...
just  have  fun  with it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007 07:24:43 PM »

my  word  this  has  only  got  3  people!!!   ack!!!  we  need  more  folks  on here...
ebay  has  tons  of  lisa  frank  stuff.    and I know  tehse  talented folks   could  create  some LISA  inspired  things.....   where is  everyone??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Portrait Retouching in Photoshop Camera Raw
How to Draw Bloo
Pushing the Limits of Wallpaper Art
How to Draw a Barbie Doll
The Benefits of Using DNG in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...