A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1000 Paper cranes in memory of Sadako.  (Read 3789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007 08:03:56 AM »

I recently started to make my 1000 cranes. So fare I got 160 so I still have a long whey to go. I mostly worried that at some point I will loose my enthusiasm, I hope this topic will help me.
Will somebody join me??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007 08:26:30 AM »

"On August 6th 1984 an atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima in Japan."

I must have dozed that year because I dont remember an atomic bomb being dropped on Hiroshima that year/???  Huh

wasnt the atomic bomb named "Little Boy" dropped on Hiroshima by the Enola Gay, a Boeing B-29 bomber, at 8:15 in the morning of August 6, 1945?

just wondering if in my old age Ive become confused about the facts.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007 08:35:49 AM by bruisinraincloud » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! Did you workout today???
bluechip
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007 01:58:12 PM »

The bombing was in 1945.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thecoffindontwantme
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2007 03:33:41 PM »

It's easy to lose your enthusiasm. I'm up to about 600 now, but I've lost the enthusiasm several times. I just come back here and read the story again, and it helps me to make more.

Good luck on making your cranes!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2007 08:11:06 PM »

It's easy to lose your enthusiasm. I'm up to about 600 now, but I've lost the enthusiasm several times. I just come back here and read the story again, and it helps me to make more.

Good luck on making your cranes!  Smiley

600?  Shocked Wow! You must have a lot of patience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
thecoffindontwantme
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007 01:17:29 PM »

600?  Shocked Wow! You must have a lot of patience!

Nope! Just a lot of spare time.
I make most of mine in study hall when I'm at school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summer_lover
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007 05:03:46 AM »

not sure if all of you are just into paper cranes or origami as a whole....but in last weeks Sunday Telegraph magazine (UK) they featured an origami artist....and his work is truly amazing!! i never realised there was a whole origami world out there that was more advanced than the usually origami figures...he takes it to a whole other level!!! i wish i was good at maths like him!!

so here's his website if you'd like to take a look, maybe for some inspiration, it really is hard to imagine that his pieces are made from one single piece of paper.....  www.langorigami.com

i still cant believe that he quit being a scientist to become a professional paper folder Tongue its so cool! (but with talent like his i would too)

sl Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VISIT www.myspace.com/morsbags OR www.morsbags.com for more information on helping rid the world of plastic shopping bags - make your own environmentally friendly bag!
summer_lover
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007 06:19:17 AM »

ok, so i've not really made many cranes lately, so to try and inspire myself again i made a stop-motion video using a very small selection of some of the cranes i have made. don't expect too much Tongue it was my FIRST attempt at a stop-motion video too (and i don't have a tripod, i didnt film it during an earthquake Tongue) but i wanted to give it a try and didnt know what to film. anyway, here's the end result Tongue

Click here to watch Dancing-Cranes

sl x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VISIT www.myspace.com/morsbags OR www.morsbags.com for more information on helping rid the world of plastic shopping bags - make your own environmentally friendly bag!
thingwraith
Awaiting zombification

Horse Montage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2007 09:19:45 AM »

I just wanted to comment that I too am working on 1,000 cranes.  I'm using a box of crane folding paper that came with a thousand pieces.  Smiley
I have probably folded hundreds so far this year but most were for gifts or a project at work or to amuse my patients.  Out of my box of 1000 I have only done about 100.  I need to get moving!  I have a bit at my website about it if anyone is interested:
http://zomboid.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://zomboid.com
My website, newly redesigned as of 9-2010! ^_^

http://facebook.com/heycookie
Yes, I have one of those, too. ^^;
audibleknees
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007 10:16:14 PM »

i've seen the statue at the hiroshima memorial park & the cranes all seemed to be strung together very very tightly....no beads or spaces. i think if your plan is to send the cranes to the park, this is the best way to do it.  there're literally thousands & thousands of strings there displayed in glass boxes.  it's breath-taking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Duct Tape Cell Phone Cases
How to Make a Duct Tape Hair Band
How to Make Duct Tape Flowers
How to Make a Paper Plate Heart Basket
How to Make a Craft Heart Envelope
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...