A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
802 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ever had one of those days? (Stress.... tips needed lol)  (Read 964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2007 07:33:17 AM »

Where you want to throw the sewing machine out the window because it is skipping some stitches, for no apparent reason? You want to kill someone with your scissors because someone must have gotten them to cut paper because now they want cut a crappin thing? your pins for sewing don't want to go through the fabric just shred paper? The cat won't leave your sewing pattern alone and puts a gash in one piece? Your husband doesn't realize why the ceiling fan is bothering you... How can that possibly affect your work? And you cut out one piece the wrong fing way?!?!??!!? What do you do when you are just minutes away from blowing up your entire sewing room (which has partially been taken over by a bed and sofa couch even though no one uses them........... ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
Queen of the Savages
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007 01:25:48 PM »

Craftster is my salvation.

Just take a break for a few hours and try again.
I know that's obvious advice but I can't think of anything better.
Go for a walk. Exercise is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QueenBea
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007 02:07:48 PM »

Yep, I agree ... get away from it all for a while.

When you go back .. clean and oil your machine.  Cut some aluminum foil with your scissors.  Stick your pins in emery to sharpen and clean them.  You don't want my suggestion about the cat .. I'm allergic and don't like them, LOL.

It will get better!

Judi
http://www.askthecrafter.blogspot.com 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007 03:10:26 PM »

OMG!!!! I took your  advice and decided to take a break! YAY!  Angry Unfortunately couldn't log onto craftster or do anything else fun so I had to suffice and try and enjoy getting our income taxes done Angry which was no good news as we have to pay in this year because we are obviously so well off (bills are a struggle!)  Angry so I am still grouchy and decided to go to the local lil pharmacy in the Athens. Cheesy  Grin Well lets just say that is the best thing I could have done. We went there to give the girls ice cream as a treat for being sooooo good while we were having our taxes completed (which the preparer was super nice and super quick!) yay for THE TAX SHELTER! :d heheheehehe soooooooo off to Hodgson's for icecream (THEY STILL HAVE 25 cents a cone! YAY! ;d ) AND we get in there and decide to pick up the only cough medicine that works for our girls (CREOMULSION) which this is the only place you can get it. Well, here is the best part............... .... WHILE IN THE PHARMACY.... I HAD TWO LADIES ASK FOR MY INFORMATION AND IF I WOULD SEW THEM A JACKET LIKE THE ONES I MADE FOR MY GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am new to sewing and loving it, though sometimes I get frustrated (lol see first post Grin ) and having a path for my creativity to flow makes it worth while! OMG I never thought I would be offered top dollar for my creations! These ladies were giving me tips of botique stores in Athens that would kill for botique clothing! They called my sewing botique and not handmade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EGADS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Queen of the Savages
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007 04:59:43 PM »

WOW and Congrats that sounds awesome!!
It's always great to have your skills appreciated! I wish I was as good as you.

I bet its awesome getting paid for doing what you said you loved! And BOUTIQUE?? WOWZA!
Your jackets must be amazing.

Congratulations, again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007 06:26:37 PM »

LOL THanks Queen. Cheesy you can check them out at bishophouse.blogspo t.com. Cheesy Within the month I will be getting a serger and I am thrilled! No more rolled hems! YAY! Grin

Also-- the tinfoil tip didn't work on my scissors.... thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Queen of the Savages
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007 06:55:31 PM »

Hmm I don't know much about sharpening scissors, but this has more on the tinfoil thing or using a stone.

http://www.ehow.com/how_11301_sharpen-scissors.html

Cute jackets, and your kids look adorable wearing them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007 07:58:10 PM »

Thanks Queen! Cheesy I appreciate that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Underwater Photography
How to Obtain Custom White Balance on a Fuji S3
How to use Calibration Targets
How to Clean the Digital Sensor on a Fuji S3
Learn about Bogen Roller Systems
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...