A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween Menu Ideas  (Read 3565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyLea14
« on: October 14, 2004 06:08:16 PM »

Hey Guys !
I saw a few good ideas on this board, but i need more.
I'm throwing a Halloween party for Family and Friends, but have no food to Serve.
I'm looking For "easy" (if possible) recipes that have a Spook or a halloween touch to it.
Anything you think of ! Let's Brainstorm !!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004 06:19:13 PM »

There's tons of recipe sites to help but I assume you are looking for novel ideas. 
We have pot luck parties all the time.  My dish last year was blood spider rolls from that tube dough in the frig section but reshaped into spiders and a spoonful of strawberry jam put in the body prior to baking.  I served them on a pair of glass plates with that white spider webbing you can get by the bag for like 50 cents in between the plates so it looked like the spiders had a web.  They will "bleed" a bit during baking.  This year it's devil eggs which are a variety of deviled eggs but with little horns added to the filling part.  The horns are made from red peppers. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kallese
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004 11:24:09 AM »

check out Ooey Gooey Banana Ghosts.  Even if you don't make them, the articles from this site are a trip to read.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004 12:11:12 PM »

Hi there, I'm new around here *big time snooping-aroundish*  Wink

L O V E all you guys' ideas, you're a greatly inspiring bunch!!  Cool  Planning on creating some of my own cool stuff in the near future (recently school/work/thinking of school and work has consumed all my time - got no life it seems - blah!) and I'm hoping to get some earrings done by the end of this week...

To the point: Celebrating Halloween isn't that big where I live (Sweden that is), and I'm sorta kinda (totally) obsessed with the whole idea. In my search of cool Halloween stuff (to drool over and be jealous of) I stumbled across this site - Check it out for scary-food-inspiration, maybe a tad bit too complicated to make, but really impressing! http://www.theyrecoming.com/

Well, hoping to get serious on that DIY area of my life soon enough, thanks again for inspiring me!

/Jessica.

PS. Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, but remember; I'm only Swedish!  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stashia
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004 12:21:32 PM »

there's old standbys like "finger" cookies and last year I made these really yummy candy mice!  I'll see if I can find the recipe......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art." ~ Paul Cezanne
mamoe
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004 02:04:27 PM »

My friend Jessica had a Halloween birthday party last year and had some awesome food ideas...
one of my favorites was to freeze kool-aid in a rubber gloves and put the frozen red hands in the punch. They kept it cold, provided a fruity flavor and looked creepy! She also dipped peanut butter cookies in white chocolate and drew little ghost faces on them. Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nemi

Where'd I put that?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004 02:27:47 PM »

My friend Jessica had a Halloween birthday party last year and had some awesome food ideas...
one of my favorites was to freeze kool-aid in a rubber gloves and put the frozen red hands in the punch. They kept it cold, provided a fruity flavor and looked creepy! She also dipped peanut butter cookies in white chocolate and drew little ghost faces on them. Hope that helps!

O_O  Remember to wash the gloves first.  Powder tastes ickky-poo.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

auntiem
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004 09:25:03 AM »

You could do a variation on spider eggs. Hard boil a dozen eggs. Then roll gently to crack the shells. Then submerge them for a half an hour or so in soy sauce or beet juice and vinegar. Then peel and serve. The should have a spider-web looking pattern on them. Or if you peel them an leave in a jar of beet juice and vinegar for 24 hrs. you get bright red eggs - but the yolk stays yellow - then you could make blood red deviled eggs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

4Eyes
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004 10:55:02 AM »

If it's going to be fairly dark at your party, a bowl full of frozen grapes feels like eyeballs!  It would probably work with cheries too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elottino
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004 09:15:31 AM »

Our newspaper did an article about Haloween food, and they showed a pretty accurate plate of "eyeballs" made of jello.  The link to the recipe is

http://www.britta.com/HW/HWr.html#eyeballs

There are some other creepy recipes there, too.  The eyeballs in the paper looked more smooth and perfect becuase they used the mold instead of a melon baller.

This website also has a link to the Penn and Teller "Play with your Food" stuff, which sounds interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks For Hair Masks
4 Tips For Beautiful Hair
5 Luxurious Eco-Friendly Beauty Products
How to Wear Lipstick Pencils
How to Make Your Makeup Last
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...