A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Ribbed for her pleasure" scarf  (Read 10475 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jjgirl

I love crochet patterns & crochet hats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2004 09:35:39 AM »

Sweetness - I think I've finally got it - thanks for the explanation - I was just wraping it around once too many!  (although I still don't think that I'm ready to do this scarf just yet, might practice some more and then try it again).  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy: www.jjcrochet.etsy. com
My Website: http://www.jjcrochet.com
My Blog (with free crochet + knit patterns!): www.jjcrochet.com/blog
www.facebook.com/jjcrochet
babyduck
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2004 03:45:57 PM »

If you need to see a visual check out this link: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php

That's a great site I got from another craftster - and I love it!  It's the best reference I've found online!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2005 08:51:54 PM »

Hi all. I'm going to have to make one also. I kind of know how to knit, but have never really made anything identifiable. This will be fun. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

butterbean
Comptroller of Messes

Puppy juice!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2005 02:10:35 PM »

I also just started this yesterday -- my first project just for ME yippee.  Used the Lotus Pink shown in the photo in SNB because I liked it so much (6 yo daughter is coveting so it may not be mine for long) and have gotten about four inches done.  Not bad while taking care of 6 yo and 1 yo.  It actually is quite easy once you get the pattern down in your head and remember to flip your yarn.

I have a second planned for hubby (ribbed for HIS pleasure?) in a tan tweedy Aran wool-cashmere-silk blend. 

Holly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2005 08:21:50 PM »

I'm all set- got my yarn and new needles! I have a dumb question though- how do I put a picture in my post? Huh Help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angelwing75
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2005 09:30:38 PM »

I'm all set- got my yarn and new needles! I have a dumb question though- how do I put a picture in my post? Huh Help!

http://www.craftster.org/craftsterguide.html#anchor5b
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2005 08:54:23 AM »

Ok; I went to the page link, read it. But when I try to upload a picture, it says the file size is too large, no matter what picture I choose....more help? Sorry to be such a pain.... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

casers
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2005 08:04:38 PM »

i've only made one normal garter stiched scarf before, but today i figured out how to purl, so i started making a fun ribbed scarf.  however, i'm knitting/purling in groups of 4 rows each so the ribs are horizontal.  when i finish, i'll post a picture.  i'm using size 15 needles and 15 stiches. 

i love knitting! i'm completely addicted to it now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linds3485
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2005 03:19:56 PM »

This is a great and simple pattern. I was looking for something simple with just knits and purls... some other patterns are way too confusing for me. I just taught myself how to knit yesterday... and I had a "experimental" chunk on my needles... it had rows of knitting, purling, alternating... and was full of holes. So I set it free and started over. I'm determined to make a scarf that is actually wearable... and not some random mess of stitches. I was going to just switch patterns and finish the rest with these ribs, but realized I was using 27 stitches. Ooops.

Anyways, I'm moving very slowly... and it may be months before I actually post a photo... but I'll try! I've got a pretty dusty rose yarn. Pretty cheap, but I didn't want to end up ruining something really nice and expensive. I'm about 5 rows into it and can just begin to see the faint outline of ribs... whoohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2005 10:25:39 PM »

This scarf is cursed!  I made in in November and have sent it to my friend twice and it has been returned byt he post office twice!  I feel it is doomed!

But still a lovely scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Curry: How to Fry Rempah and Cook Chicken
How to Marinate Beef for Beef Bulgogi
How to Cook and Serve Beef Bulgogi
How to Make Tuna Maki Part 2/2
How to Make Beef Teriyaki Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...