A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Ribbed for her pleasure" scarf  (Read 10428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babyduck
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2005 05:30:48 AM »

Hey booglass -

As my mom always says "third time's the charm".  If it doesn't go through this time - keep it.  She'll understand.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shona
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2005 07:09:33 AM »

Hi
I'm new to this site and also pretty new to knitting! This site's great as I don't have an SnB group or anything here...

I'm on my second "ribbed for her pleasure" scarf, but this time I'm doing one with stripes for a friend's birthday (on Sunday, so the pressure's on!).

I wonder if someone could help me - every time I change colour, I get two tails hanging down, and the SnB book says just to weave them in not to knot them. Can this really be true? Im so scared the weavewill come out and the whole scarf will rip out!!! Help would be most welcome.

Shona
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karahtalia
Queen of Unfinished Projects

Dangerous Kittyboy aka The Knitting Guineapig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2005 07:51:59 AM »

I wonder if someone could help me - every time I change colour, I get two tails hanging down, and the SnB book says just to weave them in not to knot them. Can this really be true? Im so scared the weavewill come out and the whole scarf will rip out!!! Help would be most welcome.

Shona, if the tails are long enough they should not come unwoven, I however, am also a chicken so I try to work things so the ends are on an edge or seam (depending on the project) so in a scarf when you change colors I would tie a square knot, making sure to not pull too tight then weave in the ends several stitches. To weave in ends, if you have the Stitch and Bitch Handbook, it tells you how, but basically all you do is pull the ends through various stitches to hide them. I use a crochet hook but a yarn needle works equally well. I am not an 'experienced' knitter, meaning I just started knitting a few months ago, but so far that is the trick that works for me. I dont like not tying the ends any more than you do, no confidence,  I guess. Smiley 

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of knitting.

Edited for typos since I am an idiot and missed them when previewing
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005 07:54:26 AM by IrishWitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is Knourishment Cheesy

http://www.irishwitch.blogspot.com/
afallows
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2005 09:42:56 AM »

Hey I'm new to this site, but have been lurking for a long long time... I recenly finished a "ribbed for her pleasure" scarf for my friend's birthday... It was quite easy to make, and I make a keyhole thingy so she could have a pull-through... happy about it.

yay for first projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Etsy Shop Offers Lion Mane Hats for Cats
How to Build Pine Cone Bird Feeders
How to Make Potato Stamps
How to Make Damask Towel Curtains
How to Make a Candy Cane Reindeer
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...