A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,133
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Ribbed for her pleasure" scarf  (Read 11245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babyduck
« on: October 14, 2004 12:37:24 PM »

Anybody interested in joining me for an easy ribbed scarf?  Newbies - this is a great project to get started on!

Cast on a multiple of 4 stiches, k2, p2 - repeat to end.  I'm using 10.5's, 32 stiches, lambs pride wool - in a pretty blue.

This pattern is from the Stich N' Bitch book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizajane1962
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004 10:36:16 AM »

:-*Hi,
I'll knit along with you as soon as I finish my other armwarmer, which should only take another day. I need to strat knitting some Christmass gifts and this is a versatile one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babyduck
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004 10:53:34 AM »

Yes - it is & it knits up so quickly!  Here's what I've got so far.  This one may be hard to give away.    Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004 12:28:55 PM »

I may have to join in on this....i need to find some pretty wool though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lolawantslolagetz
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004 03:16:43 PM »

I'm in!  I taught myself to knit last week and whipped up the first half of my VERY FIRST scarf--it's the "Ribbed For Her Pleasure" scarf, in a beautiful variegated wool blend yarn.  I'm starting a couple more to give as gifts for the holidays, and I'd love to join in!  However...how does a knitalong work?  Do we just keep posting in this thread with updates?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babyduck
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004 05:44:55 AM »

Honestly, I don't know exactly how it's supposed to work.   Tongue  This is my first one.  I'm almost done with the scarf - I'll have to post a picture.  It's turning out very nicely!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kukeit

crafting all the time now, mostly in my head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004 05:59:32 AM »

ooh finally! a knitting pattern I can read!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everything passes
elizajane1962
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004 09:01:36 AM »

;)I just bought yarn for the scarf.  It's a pretty delicate weight yarn and now I'm realizing I'd better buy some littleish needles--maybe 5's.  I'm going to do it in pink and green stripes, since these are my little girl's favorite colors at the moment.  I found some lovely wool/rayon blend yarn that has a slight sheen.  the pink is what you'd picture (a normal pastel pink) and the green is a pale avocado color. It'll be great with her red hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
riki4life
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004 02:07:28 PM »

hey...i'm a newbie to this ring (yey, finally! i've been reading it obsessively for like a week now) and a somewhat new knitter - i've completed one simple scarf and played with some patterns, but i'm definitely in for this one, i need to turn my tv-watching in to something productive! lol and this is the perfect solution
i just have one question....what exactly is the significance of the needles (10.5 is the size for this project?) and the type of yarn used? what will happen if i use different yarn?
thanks a bunch =) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babyduck
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004 05:17:51 PM »

I used a worsted weight and size 10.5 - but I don't think it matters at all.  However you'll probably want to knit a few rows to make sure you like the width and the gauge.  Luckily scarves are the easiest adaptable pattern out there.  I ended up using 1.5 skeins - about 200 yards.

Enjoy watching some must see tv while knitting!  I'm going on a road trip this weekend and am working on convincing my husband to drive while I knit.   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Gallery Image Part 2/2
How to Make an Unbelievable Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Dandelion Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Cat Photograph.
How to Create a Fairy Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...